FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Oil from the Ignition Coil  (Read 1609 times)
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2003, 02:32:19 AM »

Can anyone advise as to whether (and if so, where) I can get an ignition coil reconditioned please. I have an original GMH coil and when the lead was removed recently it appears that a little oil from inside the coil has been running down the lead and into the distributor. Does this mean the coil is on the way out even though the old grey is still able to start and run OK?

Cheers..........Ken K
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 05:34:06 AM »

G'Day Ken
If the oil is coming from the coil it has seen better days. I would be very careful with the coil because due the age of them they are more than likely filled with PCB's,this is a type of transformer oil which has been banned due to it ability to cause cancer and has a shelf life of just about forever.
All the power companies had to remove the PCB tranny oil and have it destroyed in a high intensity furnace a few years ago.(Like the one Sydney did not want)
Like anything else it is all right if not distrubed,touched breathed eaten etc etc.
Good Luck
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: