FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:19:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted | FC Wagon with V6/Auto Conversion  (Read 6868 times)
Tailshaft_Tim
act-club

Model: FC

Holden Heaven

holdenorgau holdenorgau
View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »

G’day Guys

Last week, I finally sold our Winnebago which has been the third campervan (including a Kombi) for Bec and I and our three little boys over the last six years. It also towed our FC wagon around Australia after the Perth Nationals. Bec doesn’t want to give up camping, so she is looking for a modern car and caravan. However, my daily driver has always been an FC Holden. I’ve had my stock green sedan since I was 17 (1994), modified white wagon since I was 21 (1997) and modified red ute since 2008. My dream car is still an FC Holden: so I need your help to find an FC Wagon with a modern V6/Auto conversion.

I’m a full-time house-Dad who has to drop three boys under seven to three different schools each day. Driving and parking my manual wagon with fat tyres, small steering wheel and no power steering is killing me, but not as much as the alternative (borrowing my mother-in-law’s Corolla). I’d prefer not to drive my stock sedan every day (it’s on historic rego with no seatbelts) and the ute is pretty useless for kids (well, legally). And whilst my wagon already has a HR front & rear end, 186 motor and child-restraint bar I can’t bring myself to modify a rust free body that one-day someone else might like to restore to original.

To be honest, even if I wanted to, I don’t have the health, time, money, garage space or talent to do my own ground-up re-build. I need a practical daily driver with all the features of a Commodore (performance, comfort, handling, safety, economy, towing capacity) without actually having to resort to buying a Commodore. I’m not looking for a show car but I do want it to be well-built and well-engineered and most of all, safe. I’d prefer an original interior (ie bench seats) and original paint scheme (ie two-tone) but would consider modern interior and exterior if it’s been done tastefully. Bec really just wants air-con and wipers that work.

Does anyone know anyone that has, and may consider selling their FC wagon with a modern V6/Auto conversion? Even if the owners aren’t willing to sell, I would still greatly appreciate any leads or advice on what to look for/avoid. I’m located in Canberra but I’m willing to travel anywhere. If I can’t find a wagon, I may consider a sedan. If I can't find an FC, I may consider an FE (maybe). I would also consider trading my wagon or ute or both if the seller wants a new project. My budget is Commodore money. I’m not in a rush but I do need to find something before the Toowoomba Nationals (that can tow a vintage caravan, but that’s a whole other thread).

Cheers, Tim Miller
0437 465 336 or tim@kombikids.com.au

FE-HR Holden Owners Club ACT | http://www.oldgmh.org.au
Holden Heaven | Holden Enthusiasts Community | http://www.holden.org.au
Winnebago Baby | http://www.winnebagobaby.com
Facebook | http://www.facebook.com/holden.org.au
Gumbygirl

Model: FC

Betsy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 07:39:36 PM »

Hi, this is a bit of a long shot given your post is 17 months old....but....I am about to sell my beautiful Betsy. 1958 FC station sedan with back windows, candy apple red over ivory, mag wheels,  V6, gas conversion & auto transmission conversion. Garaged past 2 years but was running at last start approx. 10 months back. Runs like a rocket. Restored about 10 years back (included reupholster) however some paint fade. Some surface and door rust but nothing structural. One ding to one headlight surround. Will be posting for sale advert here as soon as I organise pics. Could be run as is or overhauled again. Kept registered & insured -my lack of recent use doesn’t justify the $$ spent keeping her out of the pits every year. I'm in WA. Also, custom plates not being sold with car (unless you would like to buy that as well). GMHFC58. Also have original and later workshop manuals & other memorabilia. Heartbreaking but sensible sale for me. Chasing $20,000 for Betsy, for an extra $5000 I will throw in the custom plates, manuals & memorabilia. Cheers Gumbygirl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: