FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wiring loom  (Read 17196 times)
slack one

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:13:42 PM »

G'day to all.I am removing the wiring loom from a vr commodore.Does the loom come out thru the front of the car or does it go thru inside the car.I have  pushed the black bung inside the car i need some help.thanks gazza.
philwreck
sa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »

If its the left hand (pas,side) loom it comes out the engine bay side.(drive side) you may have to get a little creative,but that side comes through the cab,eg all relays pulled apart seperately,and a surgical incision to open it a little more.
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:08:43 PM »

Thanks philwreck.will have a go at it tomorrow.damm thing is a pain in the butt.it is the right hand side i am trying to remove thanks gary.
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »

Hi all i am having problems getting the main fuses thru the hole in the firewall.any ideas >:(Thanks gary.
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »

Hi Gary;
You have to basically unplug everything from the relay panel and the main fuse panel to get it through the hole just make sure you label the wires so you know where to reconnect them.

regards
Neil H
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »

spoke to autoelec and he said i don't need all of the loom to wire the v6 into my car.I only need the computer side of the loom and wire it in.does anybody know how it is done.thanks Gary.
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »

Hi Gary;
Your Autoelec is only basically right; you do need some of the wiring, there are six of the relays and fuses that you need to connect into your FC's wiring (that is if you have any wiring) in the end I found the easiest way was to purchase an already modified loom, the one I purchased was a V6 Conversions loom, Pat provides the required relays and fuses, it plugs into the original plugs and only 6 wires have to go through the firewall to your system, I did the wiring on my car and found it relatively easy doing it this way.

I am doing a ute at the moment (FB/EK) and didn't have any trouble removing the wiring loom from the VP donor so I'm not sure why there was so much trouble.

I'm sure there are other looms around and some of the other guys will be able to tell you where to get these; I assume CRS have modified looms as well.

Regards
Neil H
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »

Hi all thanks for you input Neil.I had to hack at the firewall to get the loom to go thru the firewall.I rang pat at v6 conversions today and i need the under bonnet and under dash loom.The price was around $370.00.He also told me i need a bcm module as well which runs the vats vehicle anti-theft system which is another $300.00  Shocked It connects to the computer to disable the vats.thanks Gary.
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »

Hi Gary
Glad you got some clarification I use the late VN VP units so I don't have the hassle with what you are dealing with.
The prices may sound a bit expensive but it will make your life easier I think.
Good luck and ask more questions as you go if you have anymore issues.
Regards
Neil H
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 07:55:23 AM »

Just to add a few things here, I've done several of these conversions.

You don't need any of the wiring from the driver's side, underdash or otherwise.

Simply disconnect the ECU & pull that wiring thru to the engine bay, there is one other small plug to disconnect there as well. Unplug the engine harness at the fusebox & battery, while keeping the entire & the starter & earth cables with the engine.

Most conversion harnesses, including Pat's will plug into that.

On the immobiliser side, you don't need a "BCM module" which "runs the VATS". You just need your mem-cal (chip) reprogrammed to eliminate the VATS, or you can get an exchange mem-cal to do the same thing. I prefer the re-programming option, which is usually cheaper & then you keep the original chip program which matches your engine.

FireKraka siad:- "I use the late VN VP units so I don't have the hassle with what you are dealing with."

I always find this comment a bit odd. Why buy an engine from a much older model which most likely has more kms on it, when you can get a VT (with sequential injection) which is a much better motor, just to avoid doing the VATS fix, which costs so little, relatively. 

I recently fitted a 195 kW out of a written-off VT Clubby, complete with auto trans to an HQ Monaro. It drove so much better than the earlier one I did with the VP engine & trans.

Dr Terry
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 10:20:49 AM »

Hi Dr Terry
To answer your comment about what I said
I believe it is called customising for a reason it's what you want to do not what everybody else has done or is doing otherwise all our cars would like the same.

I like to use the older engine because I don't like the look of the top of the newer engine it has an ugly plenum and the alt sits really high yes they develope more kW but that's not what it is all about to me.

I'm glad you have had success with the later model engines and happy with how it drives just like I enjoy my conversions, each to there own.

Regards
Neil H
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 11:30:13 AM »

Hi to all Dr Terry Neil.I rang v6 conversion and order the loom that was needed.I did not  buy the BCM Which was going to cost $300.00.I will take the computer to a autoelect. to see if he can do the VATS. Or do i have to take it to someone else.I like the look of the later model engine they look better than the early commodore engines.The only reason why i used the vr is because i brought the car cheap.Thanks for the advice guys.Thanks Gary.
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »

Hi Dr Terry
To answer your comment about what I said
I believe it is called customising for a reason it's what you want to do not what everybody else has done or is doing otherwise all our cars would like the same.

I like to use the older engine because I don't like the look of the top of the newer engine it has an ugly plenum and the alt sits really high yes they develope more kW but that's not what it is all about to me.

I'm glad you have had success with the later model engines and happy with how it drives just like I enjoy my conversions, each to there own.

Regards
Neil H

If you like the look of early engine that's fine, but what I said applies to the VR engine as well. There is no reason to disregard the  VR V6, just because of the VATS issue. I'm sure, given the relative age of these cars you would have a better choice of good low km engines if you include the VR in your search.

A VR V6 & auto are also better than in some areas, than the older VN/VP units.

Dr Terry
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 11:20:46 AM »

Edit

slack one

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »

Hi to all there is a guy on ebay who is selling memcals with out VATS for $75.00.Might go with that.Or should i stay away from ebay.He goes under the  name of trx100.Anybody heard of him.Thanks Gary.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »

Gary. Open your PM.

slack one

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »

Hi to all.rang pat Gardner today and cancelled the loom.He told me i needed to have his BCM as well.$700.00 is a bit much to pay for.  Angry >:(Dont know what i am going to do now about the wiring.Thanks Gary.
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 03:58:35 PM »

Hi all.I spoke to a autoelec today and he said to use the loom and computer from a vn-vp  and i dont need anything else. Angry.So why do i need the v6 conversion under bonnet and under dash loom :(Thanks losing the plot Gary.
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »

It simplifies the amount of wiring you need the V6 harness reduces the number of relays and fuses in the bay.
Regards
Neil H
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 04:37:57 PM »

why is the autoelec telling me i dont need anything else and someone else says i need more loom >:(Thanks Gary.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: