FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 04:00:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: About Time  (Read 7749 times)
Froger

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »

[URL=http://s880.photobucket.com/user/froger66/media/11954689_1110146029014882_5616168130873575158_n.jpg.html]
Of all things I found this on the FE FC Facebook site and have been sharing it around since .. One up for the Feeeesss:)

Mid Nth Coast , NSW
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »

Thanks for posting.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:28:15 PM by stinky » Logged
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »
+2

What do you mean "about time" ?

A lot of work has gone into this & if it wasn't for the fact that various members of the CMC (amongst others) who got off their behinds to make it possible, it would not be happening at all.

Of course it also helps when you have a State Govt Minister for Roads (Duncan Gay) who is actually "on our side".

Too many people sit around & "wait for things to happen" or expect "things to happen" without any positive input.

I believe this news is the best things for car guys since the original "Vintage Plate' scheme was initiated in 1959.

Don't expect anything to happen overnight, from my understanding this will take longer than 1st Oct to be real. But it is a very good start.

Dr Terry

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
+2

I hear you Dr Terry, I am heading up a battle for Conditional Rego in SA (90 days rego spread over 1 year) for modified cars, the stockies have had it for years, the Hot Rods got it a couple of years ago but anything modified and not a Hot-Rod misses out. Plenty of people complain about the situation and do nothing or go silent when there is a call for help (too busy watching MKR to make a commitment?).
I sent a letter to 200+ South Australian car clubs calling for support, all that was required was a modest affiliation fee and little else, we got responses from 5-6 clubs. Now things have progressed and are looking very positive the bandwagon is getting fuller by the day  Undecided
Just a little support or time commitment makes a world of difference, if the "movers and shakers" know they have backing, it makes it that much easier.

Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:38:05 AM »

I sent a letter to 200+ South Australian car clubs calling for support, all that was required was a modest affiliation fee and little else, we got responses from 5-6 clubs.
Don't you have a CMC type group in SA ? That's was a good help in NSW. The very fact that a collective of 150+ car clubs spoke as one, directly to the minister, got things going.

Dr Terry
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »

Short answer is no CMC type organisation.
Medium length answer, there are three "peak" organisations representing car enthusiasts (i.e. not motorsports), Federation of Historic Motor Clubs (Restorers), ASRF SA (Rodders) and Street Machine Association (representing all others). There was a loose affiliation a while ago to get modified cars and rods conditional rego, once the Rodders got what they wanted I guess they were too busy sorting that out to worry about the rest.
Anyway, we seem to be on track to have something in place very soon.

Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »

Hi stinky.

We have a similar set-up in NSW. Our CMC would be the equivalent of your Federation of Historic Motor Clubs, plus the other 2 which are almost the same in name.

What happened in NSW was that the guys from the CMC along with the other groups as well motorcycle & 4WD guys (& others), got together & formed the ACMC (Aust. Confederation of Motoring Clubs).

They then organised an conference & car show at Eastern Creek Raceway, back in 2012 & invited the State Minister for Roads. We are now 3 years down the track with some positive results. It was good that the Govt. see us as a large combined group of car enthusiasts instead of several small splinter groups, each with their own agenda.

Dr Terry
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »

Guys does anybody know if anything is being done in WA with regards to this issue?

Regards
Neil H
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 07:04:21 AM »

What do you mean "about time" ?

A lot of work has gone into this & if it wasn't for the fact that various members of the CMC (amongst others) who got off their behinds to make it possible, it would not be happening at all.

Of course it also helps when you have a State Govt Minister for Roads (Duncan Gay) who is actually "on our side".

Too many people sit around & "wait for things to happen" or expect "things to happen" without any positive input.

I believe this news is the best things for car guys since the original "Vintage Plate' scheme was initiated in 1959.

Don't expect anything to happen overnight, from my understanding this will take longer than 1st Oct to be real. But it is a very good start.

Dr Terry

Like I said About Time .. It's about time the government is listening and being a little more cooperative to the people .. And yes I acknowledge all the hard work put in by various organisations to make this happen ...

Mid Nth Coast , NSW
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »

Bit more on the proposal ..

http://www.streetmachine.com.au/news/1509/street-machine-rego-for-nsw/

Mid Nth Coast , NSW
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 11:41:07 PM »

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/historic-vehicles.html

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 11:44:49 PM »

Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial.

The Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, Duncan Gay, has asked Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services to develop a Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial.

The log book trial will allow historic vehicles to be used for 60 days of general use (i.e. maintenance and personal use) each year, outside of club organised events. Each day’s use must be recorded in a log book issued at a registry or service centre.

The log book trial will operate for two years, with an evaluation to be completed during this period as part of Roads and Maritime’s review of the overall Conditional Registration Scheme.

Staged implementation

The log book trial has two stages:

From 1 October 2015, original condition vehicles that are in, or eligible to be in, the existing Historic Vehicle Scheme can be part of the log book trial. Please note that these vehicles must be 30 years of age or older, as close to original condition as possible, with no modifications except for safety features such as seat belts and turn indicators or period accessories and options, if desired. The registered operator must be a member of a Roads and Maritime recognised historic vehicle club.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:50:19 PM by customFC » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »

In early 2016, a Modified Historic Vehicle Scheme for non-original historic vehicles will be introduced and these vehicles can be included in the log book trial.

We are an existing recognised club under the Historic Vehicle Scheme that wants to participate

It is not compulsory for clubs to participate in the log book trial. However, recognised clubs must notify Roads and Maritime if they want to participate. Roads and Maritime will maintain a list of participating clubs.

Club officials may notify their participation to Roads and Maritime by email at Historic.vehicle.logbook.trial@rms.nsw.gov.au.

We are an existing recognised club that does not want to participate

There is nothing that the club needs to do. Members of existing recognised clubs continue to be able to use their vehicles in club organised events and maintenance.

Members of existing recognised clubs that do not participate in the log book trial may choose to join or form another recognised participating club, and then opt-in to the log book trial.

I have a conditionally registered historic vehicle and I am a member of a participating historic vehicle club

Members of participating clubs may opt-in to the log book trial from 1 October 2015. To opt in, the registered vehicle operator or their representative must attend a Service NSW centre or registry and present:

Proof of identity such as a NSW driver licence

The current Certificate of Conditional Registration (if available)

The current Certificate of Approved Operations (if available)

A completed Change of Records (http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... ecords.pdf) to have the vehicle’s conditions updated.

The following condition will be added to the vehicle’s existing conditions:

‘Historic Log Book – May be used for 60 days per year subject to log book conditions.’

Operators of existing conditionally registered historic vehicles will be issued:

Certificate of Conditional Registration

Certificate of Approved Operations, with the updated conditions Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial form.

There is no cost to existing members that choose to opt into the log book trial.

If I decide to opt-in when will the 60 days commence.

The log book may be used once it is issued. It is planned that the log book will be aligned with the annual registration year of the conditionally registered vehicle. Therefore, a pro rata allocation of days will apply when initially opting-in to the trial based on the number of days remaining on the registration. The allocation is as shown in the following table.

Remaining registration Allocated log book days

Up to three months 15

Over three and up to six months 30

Over six and up to nine months 45

Over nine months 60

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 11:47:50 PM »

I have an unregistered/fully registered historic vehicle and I want to apply for conditional registration

You will first need to join a recognised historic vehicle club. These are listed on the Roads and Maritime website (http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roa ... -clubs.pdf).

If you want to opt-in to the log book trial you will need to join a recognised historic vehicle club that is participating in the log book trial.

To conditionally register a vehicle in the Historic Vehicle Scheme, customers must attend a Service NSW centre or registry and present:

A completed Application for Conditional Registration

(http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... al-reg.pdf)

Proof of identity such as a NSW driver licence

Proof of registration entitlement (eg an original receipt for the vehicle, which clearly shows the buyer’s

name, the seller’s name, address and signature, the VIN or Chassis/frame or serial number and the date of acquisition)

A Historic Vehicle Declaration, signed by a recognised and participating historic vehicle club official, not greater than 42 days old (http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... ration.pdf). Please note that a vehicle safety inspection report must be presented if the club is less than two years old.

Operators of newly conditionally registered historic vehicles will be issued:

Certificate of Conditional Registration

Certificate of Approved Operations, with the updated conditions

Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial form (if a member of a participating club).

If you are converting from full registration to conditional registration, you must surrender the full registration and number plates. You may be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of the vehicle tax or registration charge. Please note that a cancellation fee applies. You may also have the full registration number plates reserved at the Service NSW centre or registry or issued to a different vehicle for a fee. Distinctive historic vehicle number plates are issued with the conditional registration for a fee. You may also be eligible for a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance premium refund. Please contact your CTP insurer for more information.

How do I become a recognised club under the Historic Vehicle Scheme?

To become a recognised club under the Historic Vehicle Scheme, club officials must complete an Application for a Historic Vehicle Club http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/abo ... e-club.pdf and attach the following information:

Evidence of the organisation’s corporate status (eg Certificate of Registration issued by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission, or Certificate of Incorporation issued by NSW Fair Trading).

A copy of the club’s constitution demonstrating that the club can meet the Historic Vehicle Scheme policy.

Please see the Historic Vehicle Scheme policy on the Roads and Maritime website at:

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registr ... icles.html.

A list of the club’s officials.

A list of approved Scrutineers able to conduct Historic Vehicle inspections.

A list of representatives forming the club’s proposed Eligibility Committee.

The name and contact details of the proposed Eligibility Committee’s Responsible Person.

The inspection process and proof of compliance requirements used to demonstrate that an eligible Historic Vehicle meets the Historic Vehicle Scheme policy.

Materials (such as policies and procedures documents, etc) that demonstrate the club has professional and safety standards to provide sufficient administrative controls over the following areas:

o vehicle construction o vehicle logbooks o training and competency levels for vehicle scrutineers.

Completed applications and attached information may be sent to Roads and Maritime by email at ais@rms.nsw.gov.au or by post to:

Enrolment Processing Unit

(Historic Vehicle Scheme)

PO Box 122

Glen Innes NSW 2370

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 11:49:33 PM »

What is the proposed Modified Historic Vehicle Scheme

The Modified Historic Vehicle Scheme is being developed to enable historic vehicles that have been modified to obtain similar opportunities for road access that apply to original condition vehicles under the Historic Vehicle Scheme.

The Modified Historic Vehicle Scheme is anticipated to operate in a similar way to the Historic Vehicle Scheme. Things like forming a club, joining a club and applying for conditional registration will be similar.

Clubs may also choose to participate in the log book trial.

Existing recognised Historic Vehicle Clubs may also choose to become a club under the Modified Historic Vehicle Scheme.

Some matters currently being worked through with enthusiasts, industry and government stakeholders include the vehicle standards and CTP insurance classification. Modified vehicles require a different process to determine their suitability for safe use and it is important that clubs have this capability.

From 1 October 2015, customers interested in either forming or joining a club under the proposed Modified Historical Vehicle Scheme should email Modified.Vehicles.Scheme@rms.nsw.gov.au

For further information about the historic vehicle log book trial, Clubs or individuals should call the Contact Centre on 13 22 13.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: