FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel covers - aftermarket and Nasco  (Read 3825 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2003, 12:40:42 PM »

I am posting this pic for Zulu - Gary, who is after some wheel covers. He would like to hear from anyone who has one up to a full set of any of these wheel covers. He would also like any others that may be available, as long as they are from the same period. Any leads appreciated. The one on the left has a FB nasco center in it and appears to be factory done. The center one I believe is aftermarket. The one on the right is the original Nasco Fiesta cover. Any details or info on the manufacture/history of these caps also appreciated.
Regards
Alex

fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 08:22:11 AM »

the one on the left has had the "H" added after as underneath it are crossed flags. i have a full det of these ones on my taxi.
really like the middle one, was this a nasco cap?
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 08:54:48 AM »

Im pretty sure its for a Vauxhall , But they used them on Fe s .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 11:04:31 AM »

Hey fc ute....thanks for the info. Those flags must be painted on, as you can not see them from the rear. Got a pic of your caps? The center cap has a lion, a bit like a Peugot, but different.....might be Vauxhal, but I believe aftermarket. Anyone got an advert or aftermarket parts catalogue showing these?
Gary is still chasing any of these. HELP!!!
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 11:47:56 AM by custom_fc » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 12:50:44 PM »

On the right would be FB/EK ,They carry the same stars as a special.  Wink
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 11:05:58 PM »

Hi Alex.
I will send you through a scan of an advert in a 60's magazine for the one that has the flags on it. They were on a little plaque in the centre. I reckon the "H" was added at a later date. The centre one is definately an "Aftermarket" cap. The 3rd is the "Fiesta".
Will try & send it to you tonight.
Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 12:53:20 PM »

with regards to the caps on the left i am sure that the flags are embossed but i havnt seen the taxi for a while so i cant check. they must have been available in 13,14 and 15" as a mate of mine has a nos set of 15".
as soon as i get a chance i hope to post some pics of the ute and the taxi and also a lot of unusual accesories i have.
i also have a set of "mag wheel caps" which are chromed steel 5 spoke mag centres that clip into a standard steel rim"13""
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 11:12:23 PM »

Hi all, Under the H medallion it is smooth, as if the H was meant to be there, although it could have carried a different badge or medallion in it's place.

All 3 wheel covers in the picture appear to have been made by the same manufacturer when viewed from the inside, and I have seen at least 2 others.

Gary  
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 01:38:32 AM »

Hi all.
Yes, there are quite a few other types of wheelcovers. Remember, they didn't really have much to choose from in the mag wheel department. Hubcaps were the go.
That "H" will have a Holden part number under it. These caps (Crossed flag) were at no stage produced by Holden. Alex may post the advert I send him & you can see from that.
My brother in law drives a XP Falcon & that has been lowered & has a set of the crossed flag caps on it. I will try & get a photo of that too. It is a very old hot up.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 09:55:07 AM »

I would like to thank Alex (custom FC) , the forum and member, Ace for suppling me with enough of the wheelcovers with the "H" medallion to make up a full  set.... Cheesy
IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE HERE!!! Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: