FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:42:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hydramatic filter  (Read 11614 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2015, 06:46:41 AM »

Ladies and gents,

I have for sale a filter kit (the kind you'd use during an oil change) to suit the Hydra-matic automatic gearboxes fitted to EK, EJ and EH Holdens (yeah, I know, only those late models  Grin). GMH recommended that these filters be fhanged every 24,000 miles. Just like the original GMH ones, these have a paper internal filter in a steel casing and cannot be cleaned and reused.

I recently imported ten filter kits, and am selling off the surplus. You get a filter, the sump gasket and two O-rings. I'll package them up for you in a cardboard box with bubblewrap. I'll even include a scanned copy of the workshop manual that shows how to tighten the band while you have the sump off (that's supposed to be done every 24,000 miles too).

Cost is $103, including postage... half the price of earlybitz :shock: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-HYDRAMATIC-AUTO-AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-SERVICE-KIT-SUITS-EK-EJ-EH-HOLDEN-/151554169422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2349551a4e#ht_753wt_1362. Pick your filter up from Greystanes in Western Sydney and you can have them for $74.

I'm not making a single red cent on these, nor do I want to. It craps me that they have been difficult to get for a while, and that someone is making 100% profit on them by selling on eBay.

I've got three filters for sale. First in, best dressed. If there is enough interest, I'll import another batch.

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice slush-drive sympathiser).
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:42:01 AM »

Harv

The Spinner runs a h y d r a - m a t i c so if there is 1 available I'll grab it

Can you PM me your address and Ill pick it up when it suits you

Thanks Gary

Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »

PM sent.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 03:42:41 PM »

Band tightening info as promised:

Beware the difference between inchpounds and footpounds!

Cheers,
Harv
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »

Harv,

What's a factor of twelve between friends?

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:23 AM »

Harv,

What's a factor of twelve between friends?

Rob

Grin I was always taught that you tighten studs up until they snapped, then backed them off half a turn.  Grin

Cheers,
Harv
Paul EH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

Hello< do you still have filter kits available, Thanks Paul 0423549906
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 11:56:41 AM »

Sorry Paul, I sold all the filters I had. I intended to keep a few for my own use, and even dipped into that stock to help some blokes out  Grin.

There are some for sale on eBay at the moment from another seller:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EJ-EK-EH-Holden-Hydramatic-1962-to-1964-Auto-trans-Filter-and-pan-gasket-/262476204978?hash=item3d1ccd0bb2:g:dDMAAOSwgNRV8t~U

You're looking at $175 inc. postage... cheaper than the $225 that earlybitz was charging, but more than the $100 (zero profit) that I charged.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: