FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:49:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc ute @lone star body shop  (Read 55657 times)
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39:07 PM »

The admirers can tell it's a serious build now ....
Looking good.

Dave
0417 270 315
lonestar395

Model: something else...

Sheet Metal Whisperer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »

Gary has an impressive collection of FC commercial vehicles, this particular example began as a panel van that has had Station Wagon rear 1/4 windows cut into the upper side panels...these were to be removed and the van restored to a windowless van, before it was to be re-painted.

Replacement side panels were provided by the owner, however they were severely rusted

The decision was made to reproduce side panels...there was a lot of bullets to be dodged before the replacement panels were ready to be installed

There were rust issues between panels that was cleaned up as part of the process

The upper edge of the lower panel was re-aligned to meet the upper replacement panel, here a weld-on pull plate lifts the car clear of the floor to achieve alignment

The upper panel was positioned and TIG welded in

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:46:09 PM by lonestar395 » Logged

It is easy to make simple things look complex...it is difficult to make complex things look simple
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »

Amazing work and what can be achieved!

I often tell my wife, if we ever won lotto & we could retire, I would love to work free with a business doing this type of work, so I could learn the correct skills to present such great results.

Cheers
Marc

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
lonestar395

Model: something else...

Sheet Metal Whisperer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2015, 06:50:23 AM »

Here are a few more images relevant to the last posts, Photobucket has been difficult to negotiate lately...

Steve's FC Ute has been assembled to the point that it can now be wet rubbed and the final color can be applied, the loose panels will be hung and painted inside and out before re-fitting back onto the shell

It is easy to make simple things look complex...it is difficult to make complex things look simple
Turns

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2015, 11:11:50 AM »
+1

I thought I would post some pics of the FC Ute in paint

Cheers Turns

Greatness and madness are next door neighbours and they borrow each other's sugar - Joe Rogan
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »

looks great, classic ute colour.

Dave
0417 270 315
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)