FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Norman supercharger for sale.  (Read 3052 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2003, 09:26:04 AM »

Hi all.
I have just listed my first Norman Supercharger (For a Holden Grey motor) on ebay. I am NOT posting a link here, but if someone from the site wants it & no bids have been placed, I will withdraw it from sale. ONLY if no bids have been placed.
Email me for more info.
Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
EJ_Dave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 02:15:02 AM »

Rob,

I'm not in the market for a Norman but I am interested in how a methanol blower is different from a 'regular' Norman. How would it go running petrol?

Good luck with the sale.  I hope it goes to a worthy project.

I wish I could afford it myself. Maybe one day when the mortgage is paid off, the kids are grown up etc etc.......

David
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 03:09:21 AM »

Hi Dave.
Yes, they can run petrol, no problems, but you want to keep the motor cool.
The "Methanol Superchargers" were designed primarily for drag or curcuit racing. The idea, was the methanol ran a LOT cooler than standard fuels, so you would get a lot more bang per cubic inch.
This is why Eldred didn't have to worry to much about cooling, as running methanol on one of his cars, after a hard few laps of the curcuit on a humid day, he came in & the supercharger was encructed in ice!!
The methanol blowers are a lot less messy in the bay as well. No extra hoses going into the blower for water cooling.
If, in an extreme case you wanted to be sure it stayed way cool, water injection could be employed.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Rob
p.s. If you want to know a lot more about these Blowers, RET has a section somewhere on this forum, that Tony C (of the "Stormin` Norman brotherhood") has put on a webpage the entire contents of Eldreds book. 0 to 100MPH (Thats MILES) in 14 seconds.

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: