FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:52:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: panelbeaters in melbourne  (Read 3464 times)
Jonno

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2003, 08:46:08 AM »

can anyone recommend a good place for body-restoration work in the Melbourne area (I have searched the site but can only find refs to Sydney contacts)?

Looking for someone to repairs sills, floorpan, front subframe rust (usual stuff I think?) in my FE ute.  Talked to a few panelbeaters but they don't seem to want to know about classic cars..reckon they can't make any money out of this.  I'm not sure why this is (i.e if they can't make a profit, why don't they charge more money?!) but the problem remains.

If anyone knows of someone with old holden experience willing to take on jobs like this, could they let me know please.

thanks, jonno

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 10:24:20 AM »

Good Luck Jonno, I had the same problem in Adelaide.
I have found 2 contacts though, through friends and the Yellow Pages. I would suggest looking at places in the outer suburbs or country towns close-by. They seem to be a little more laid-back and not always after a high-profit insurance job. I would steer clear of newly opened shops, they may be OK but then again. Car shows are a good source of options, ask owners or look at what shops were used on the idiot boards.

Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 08:52:40 AM »

Theres a guy by the Name of Bill Scott who has a shop down in Mordialloc, I think he trades as Aussie Rods and Customs. He is a member of the Confederates Rod Club and I think he is also in the Rebels and Kustoms of Australia. Sorry I don't have a phone no or address but you may be able to contact him through one of those clubs. He is mainly a rod builder these days but has in the past built a lot of old Holdens both Customs and Stock bodied. He manufactures sills etc and does an excellent job, he is also a brilliant painter. If you can find him he will do a great job
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 09:12:12 AM »

JONNO

TRY MOONSHINE MOTORS IN UPPER BEACONSFIELD
TEL:59444111 ASK FOR GRAHAM.

HE DOES LOTS OF RESTORATIONS BOTH ORIGINAL AND MODIFIED. HE HAS DONE A FEW JOBS FOR ME OF A MORE INSURANCE SORT OF A NATURE BUT I CANNOT FAULT HIS WORK AND HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE. PEOPLE WHO I KNOW HAVE HAD HIM DO WORK ON THEIR OLDER CARS AND I HAVE HEARD NO COMPLAINTS SO I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT THIS WORK IS OF THE SAME HIGH STANDARD.

NOT SURE WHAT PART OF MELBOURNE YOU HAIL FROM BUT UPPER BEAC IS NOT THAT FAR OUT OF TOWN . HOPE THIS HELPS.

DENIS
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »

thanks guys, those leads are just what I need

Jonno Smiley

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Adam
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 08:40:52 AM »

Just wondering how you got on with either of those panelbeater contacts there Jonno?

I'm in a similar situation, found this conversation thread, and was curious...

Smiley

- Adam
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 06:01:51 AM »

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you…been away from the computer for a couple of weeks.  I haven’t got much further with investigating panel beaters since I’m still in the middle of taking my car back to metal (far fewer free weekends than I thought I would have)..

I did do quite a bit of searching for Bill Scott and Aussie Rods and Customs but didn’t find him.  On the other hand I think Moonshine motors are still in business.  There are a few other possibilities I have come across since if you are looking for a panel beater immediately although I have not contacted any of these folk yet so can't confirm they are what you/I are looking for:

1. a post on this site back in July 2002 about a guy near Macedon…just do a search on ‘panel beaters and spray painters’

2. Steel’s Real classic restorations, Wallan. See ad on Australian hot Rods website: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4757/vendors.html

3. Dinkum Classic Auto (http://www.aurorasolutions.com.au/sehc/dinkum.html)

Would be interested to hear how you get on.  Otherwise I hope to be making my own investigations in a few months time, and could get back to you then

Cheers, Jon

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: