FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:34:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 11-12 July, PRE 62 CARS NEEDED FOR SHORT FILM.  (Read 6940 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2003, 12:27:34 PM »

I NEED PRE 62 CARS TO USE IN A SHORT FILM FOR A FILM FESTIVAL THAT ALLOWS LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO MAKE A SHORT MOVIE, (A RACE FOR FILM MAKERS).
SHOOTING WILL START AT 9:45PM ON THE 11th AND HOPEFULLY FINISH BY 11:30 AM SAT 12TH
ALL LOCATIONS ARE IN NEWCASTLE.
UNIQUE AND FUN EVENT.
OVER 150 CREWS WILL MAKE A MOVIE IN NEWCASTLE  OVER THE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING.
SORRY, NO MODERN MAG WHEELS AS CARS ARE BEING USED TO CREATE A EARLY SIXTIES PERIOD.
email    mljulien@optusnet.com.au
hotmail fccool59@hotmail.com
ph 0411 304 399
or 0401 089 461
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 06:49:36 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 07:48:24 AM »

hi there
   sounds like fun but i'm on the wrong side of the country. i hope it all comes together . a similar call went out to most wa clubs several months ago for the making of a mini series ...i think...called " shark net "it's the true story about a nut who went on a killing rampage in perth in the early 60s &went on to be the last person to hang in wa. it was made by the abc ..keep an eye out for it...it's a good?story & there should be plenty of old holdens. if any body knows a screening date ,i'd like to hear from them              cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 08:30:31 AM »

Any comments on Tasmans (Period accesory mags) making it through the criteria on a FB 60 model pretty low ,In the scene it will be a 2 year old car - Its not quite that  Roll Eyes but the whole shebang sounds like fun and pretty interesting too ,Its a Friday night so I thought I could blend in as a 1960 drink driver  Tongue Or an alcaholic or something.
But seriously I tripped up there on business last monday tuesday and can definitely see why the 60s senario will work a treat, So many detailed buildings of that era to fill in the backdrop.
My claim to fame was being a soldier in the movie "The thin red line" and this is more or less how I got there so give it a go or youll never know. 2 Hrs from Sydney or there abouts
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 10:19:59 AM »

Tasmans are fine, the judges dont usually know what came out when like we do, however I dont want any hi tech looking bits on cars as it will kind of stuff it.
Last year someone was awarded for recreating the seventies with some afro wigs and flares.
Im going a bit further by hopefully lining streets with period cars as well as a couple of 50's props and some very cool locations.
It would be good to see you there, it's going to be a blast.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
BEAR

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 10:20:26 AM »

WHERE WILL THIS FILMING TAKE PLACE IN NEWCASTLE
AS I MIGHT BRING ALONG MY VERY ORIGINAL,VERY NEAT FE SEDAN
                                                           THANKS   KEN
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 11:08:08 AM »

Due to the film festivals rules I wont know the first location till about 9:30pm as my film must include 5 of 15 locations that I will be given at 9:00 with the first scene at one of the given locations.
At present I am thinking of having the cars meet on hunter street till I call someone with the cars who knows the area and having them go to the first location to meet us. other alternative would be for every one to arrive at around 6:45 and park in the carpark near where the entrants assemble for the launch of the shootout at 9:00pm.
I would also recomend this to anyone planning to register as a actor(remember - period dress, no nike airs etc, bring your clothes along)
Usually the given locations are based around town, around the beaches and hunter street
I also have some other locations of my own using old buildings etc as a background but we are trying to keep travelling time to a minimum as with the shoot out every minute is important, one location that I am going to use for sure is the old service station at boolooroo.
I will be going up to Newcastle on the weekend to scout a few more locations.
bring the warmest jumpers and jackets you can as it is usually a cold night.
you will miss some sleep but the experience is worth it I am going to try and keep a constant flow of coffee going for extra caffeine, I understand that not every one can skip a night of sleep so it is ok if you cant stay till morning although it would be good if you could.
I am going to try organising a place for people to have a sleep in the day while i am dubbing the tape and doing the sound.
If you are going to come let me know as I am trying to get a idea of how many cars we will have and at what times.
so far it looks like maybe2 EK's,2 FB'sand my FC wagon.
thanks ken

LEON (FCCOOL)

Linda Jay
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 12:30:08 AM »

Hello,
I am working on the night of the 11th, but i am free on the 12th. I have a 59 FC wagon, and frocks to suit.
Is it any use to arrive on the 12th? or do you need us right from the start?
Linda Jay - tawnyfrog@hotmail.com
Leon Julien
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 06:01:40 AM »

Sure, most of the shooting will be done at night but there will be a little in the morning.
I need to be finished by 11 am on the 12th to allow time to add and synchronise the sound effects and music.
If you are close to newcastle you may still catch us after work as we could be going all night.
Let me know if you are coming, what time and what you have to wear so I can adapt the script.
Thanks

Leon (FCCOOL)

P.S does anyone have a outdoor gas heater, 50's props such as - signs, posters, furniture, red phone box, old phone, old coke machine etc.

I may be able to have them CAREFULLY picked up and returned on a trailor.

email- mljulien@optusnet.com.au
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 08:25:41 AM »

G'day Leon....
Just wondering how the movie shoot went... did you win...?? and did you get many cars turn up...?
I had a mate who took part in a similar short film contest a few years ago (possibly the same one). Is your finished "item" on a website somewhere at all...?

Cheers
Les...

HARKO
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 09:50:15 AM »

Leon , As you know I was very interested in the whole events proceedings and outcomes and I will be damn sure that next year I WONT have any commitments , Or I might even be behind a camera  :-/ just to scare a few people..
Anyways let us know how things went so's you pump us up for next years event, Cheers
Leon Julien
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 10:32:37 AM »

Unfortunately we had a little problem after spending 20 hours straight of shooting wich led to the entry not being in on time. however you can see some scenes from the movie at my website, there is currently a problem I have to fix where when you click on the image it is sending it of to the wrong link, but it seems to correct it when you click on refresh.
web adress is http://www.geocities.com/fccool59/index
Leon Julien
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2003, 11:03:45 AM »

there are a bout 8 pics taken from scenes now on my site, url is http://www.geocities.com/fccool59 there is also some breif info on the movie and credits.
Although the movie didnt make it we had heaps of fun with the drag race scene wich was shot at about 6 am.
might see ya's next time,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: