FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:32:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VL Oil Pressure Gauge  (Read 1791 times)
JOX515
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »

Good morning one and all,

I have grafted VL instruments into the original FC gauge housing but am having trouble with the Oil pressure gauge and fuel gauge.

I have solved the oil pressure gauge problem (earth??) but before I solder the wires back again, I have another silly question:

- Does it matter which terminal the earth wire goes to?

The one at the bottom is the wire to the sender unit.  In the photo the middle and top wires were to power, but I changed the middle one to earth and presto, the gauge worked.

I guess what I am asking is the top wire earth or the middle wire?

I am guessing that the same problem exits for the fuel gauge - it needs an earthing point somewhere and when I plug a test light to the power terminal, the gauge move up to the maximum. 

Cheers, Graeme
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

Graeme

When I migrated the wiring from the VN Commodore into my FC it ran quite a few earth returns due to the construction on the later model cars and their lack of metal.

I would suggest you guess is correct on the fuel gauge.

If you have a multimeter you can check by through the Ohmmeter for the circuit to earth (Disconnected that is)

With the key in the on position, and the top wire disconnected is there any voltage at this wire?

Hope I have assisted if not I will juts stalk this post  Wink

Regards

Craig D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: