FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:28:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nasco Scizzor Jack  (Read 4954 times)
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2003, 03:15:46 AM »

Can anyone tell me if they know about the Nasco scizzors Jacks that were available back when the FE/FC came out, The reason I ask is , that I recently acquired one that is in a bag made out of Fabric the same as that  which is used in some early model holdens. The jack sits in the bag and has a string that ties it together . Is this just something someone has made or is it the original Nasco Scizzors Jack carry Bag . Any help Appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 03:22:30 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 03:24:44 AM »

Hi Slim
I remember a short time ago the topic of tool kits, jacks and material was discussed right here on this forum.

I seem to remember that the material used for the bags was not of any particular standard and they were mostly made out of pieces of left over material. There for one would assume your bags is/could be a NASCO original.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 03:25:25 AM »

Here is a Picture of the jack and Bag

fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 05:33:02 AM »

Slim
     What model is the jack in the photo for.I bought one on the weekend that looks identical,thinking that it would fit an EK.I compared it to an EK one I had and it was heaps smaller.The guy at the swap meet said they where all the same right up to EJ.It came with a ratchet which had a slight offset in it.
Regards Geoff
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 07:32:28 AM »

Slim, I thought all fe-fec's had a scissor jack, although I have had commercial models with the bottle type.
Never seen a scissor with it's own bag, this jack was improved on for fb-ek by having a square drive with ratchet, instead of the tee rod drive which spreads open with use.
Gary
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 09:04:16 AM »

Yes as far as I know all fe/fcs had a scizzors jack like the one pictured , Im asking about the bag , because Iv never seen one either ZULU . But it sure looks to be originally made to carry a scizzor jack . Perhaps for a Businessmans Sedan, or the like.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 10:14:28 AM »

Slim - I have seen no mention of a jack bag in any GMH literature, but plenty on the tool bag.  I would think that someone got the bag out of an early English car tool kit.
The jack doesn't look like an FE/FC one to me.  Looks like FB to EJ.

Ken
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 09:49:48 PM »

Thanks Ken , Im going to compare it to an FE/FC one shortly .

gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 07:46:22 AM »

G'day Fellas,
As far as I'm aware there are 2 different types of scissor jacks for FE-FC (The difference is where the handle attaches to the jack). I think they changed early FC??

Then, with the introduction of FB, they used the scissor jack with ratchet handle through until HR.

BUT, I believe the scissor type was only used on sedans. I think all wagons, utes, and vans used the under-axle mechanical-screw type bottle jack.

Can anyone confirm this?  Huh

Cheers,

Graham.  
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 11:56:49 AM »

Hi guys,
Yes Graham your right the sedans used the scissor type jack and the wagon ute and vans used the mechanical bottle jacks. The sedans had a mount welded half way along the inner sill and floor for the knob of the scissor jack and the rest [wagons utes & vans] didn't have this mounting point. Hope this helps

Regards Mick
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 08:18:23 AM »

Yep 2 types of FE FC jack.   Early one has a T on the handle which went into a slot and a hole in the jack body.  Very difficult to use.
The next type has a hook which goes into 2 holes in the jack body.  Much easier to use.
The ratchet handle jack was kept right through FB to EH at least with only subtle changes to the decal on the jack.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: