FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 10:20:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My new addition..  (Read 16537 times)
JOX515
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 10:01:26 PM »

G'day Penners,

Any decisions / progress on your machine as yet???

Cheers, Graeme
Penners

Model: something else...

Matt Penhall
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »

Hi there Graeme, just back from  mt Isa, and have finished up there for now.. Just in the process of deciding on an engine/ drivetrain combo rite now.. Will be an 8, but looking at Toyota, Audi, jaguar and bmw options under 4.2liter.
How's your big girl going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope to start a sweet build soon..
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »

Went for my first almost legal drive today - just around the block a couple of times.  Missing a couple of headlight rings so cant fit the lights up.  Still a lot of fiddly things to do but have a couple of weeks off now so hopefully will be able to get stuck back into it again.  Off to Perth on Thursday for a long weekend to catch up with wifey (she over there till end of month with her job). 
Penners

Matt Penhall
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 11:23:58 PM »

Will give you a bell and pop over for a look mate.. Any more elec gremlins that require my attention?

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »

Only the reverse polarity diode - got told in no uncertain term to put it back in and haven't soldered it yet.....  All else seems ok electrical wise at this stage.  Will be out and about in the morning - going to sneak down to the exhaust place a get that finished then back home. Just text or call when you are heading over and I will make sure I am home - 0481 200 164.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 09:20:11 PM »

I've been thinking about this build, mostly because I plan on ditching the 202 in my FC down the track and installing a modern, small displacement V8 in its place. I think you'd have the most aftermarket support with the Toyota V8, as you've already found with all the aftermarket performance options available. I think the Audi motor would be a bit of a headache, considering that they all have Quattro running gear behind them. At least with the Tojo V8 you can stick a Supra 5 speed behind it with minimal fuss. I doubt you'd find an Audi or BMW motor with a manual box cheaply or easily!

Have you thought about an IRS from an early 3 series or 200SX?

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Josh.
Penners

Matt Penhall
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »

Hey Josh's, there certainly are quite a few bits and pieces available for the 1uz. I have access to  a 200sx, so might pop it on the hoist for a look and measure.. Awesome brakes on a 200 also. 
Where are you located Josh? I'm in Ballarat vic. Maybe we can pool our resources, and build a hot little engine each...
Cheers Matt

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »

How's your build going Penners?

I'm in Hobart. I've decided to stick with the 202 for the time being and squeeze as much grunt out of it as I can before it grenades.

Cheers,

Josh. 
GMVAN

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

Hey Penner's    Nice ride how much did you pay for it if that's not being too nozy also I noticed in the first two pictures you have a push and pull bar fitted was that to push one f#@d and pull one f#@d home in your FC.    Grubby

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:27 AM »

How is this build going. Have you been researching the 1uz anymore? See they use them in speedway in NZ.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: