FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:43:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Holden wiring help  (Read 2336 times)
fe1957
qld-club

Model: FE

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »

Hi all, have done a search but cannot find an answer. I am putting a new loom in the car and want the rear lights to work as factory (flashing brake lights).  So studying the factory diagram some wiring does  not make sense

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/images/wiring.gif

If you look at the stop lamp  switch it appears to join a white, pink and violet together? The pink and violet go to the stop,rear turns left and right lights. I am hoping someone can help me understand how with this wired this way that the right or left indicator  would not both together when just indicating right or left?  I get how it operates if you were braking.

Thanks grant

OFE570
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:16 PM »

Off that drawing black is your brakes
Violet is right
Pink is left
They should  come off the blinker switch on the column seperate .
I hope ive helped I confuse myself sometimes

mickrat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »

Brake light feed power supply white wire goes to the column switch assay through two sets of contacts back out to the violet and pink wires back to the stop light globes when the indicators are operated depending what side is switched this supply is opened  and the flasher supply yellow is switched  to either the violet or the pink depending what side is selected. It all takes place within the column switch assembly. The diagram you are looking at is a bit deceiving. Mickrat

1957 fe special sedan    (rusty one )    1958 business sedan   ( good one )   

fe1957
qld-club

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30:10 PM »

Brake light feed power supply white wire goes to the column switch assay through two sets of contacts back out to the violet and pink wires back to the stop light globes when the indicators are operated depending what side is switched this supply is opened  and the flasher supply yellow is switched  to either the violet or the pink depending what side is selected. It all takes place within the column switch assembly. The diagram you are looking at is a bit deceiving. Mickrat
Yep yep thanks mickrat that makes sense. Diagram as you say a bit confusing.
Thanks also pete

OFE570
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: