FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:28:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Washer nozzles  (Read 9020 times)
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »

Lots of research turned up little on the specific question - which commonly available washer jets fit a standard FC pivot shaft spacer?
Has anyone fitted some recently?

Dave
0417 270 315
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

You can use the chev ones from the states about $25, or there are ones on eBay from earlybitz which are similar to the originals for about $35.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »

I'll second those from the States. I bought some and turned up in no time. Screw straight into the Holden housing. Mutton Hollow Chevys, Mark Brewer http://www.muttonhollowchevys.com Part number 55-17666
Sorry, that's the best photo I could locate but there's a close-up on the supplier's web site.
Martyn

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »

The nozzles from this unit unscrew and fit the FE FC but I prefer to have them where they work and I find that the passenger side tends to be too close to the corner to put enough water above my wiper blade so this unit went back on the bonnet . Like nearly everything non standard on my FC ,works better but doesn't necessesarily look as good . Haydn
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

Rover P6 nozzles also fit very well:

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,19347.0.html

Cheers,
Harv
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:34:08 PM »

Thanks people for the options & info.
I'll nail it tonight with these leads.
The electric setup looks to be a whole lot simpler considering the diaphragm has been dry for at least 20 years.
Think I'll look into a small pump to mount in the jar, perhaps inside the vacuum pump casing & operate from something like an EK button.
Dave.

Dave
0417 270 315
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

I'm using a massive washer bottle off a Datsun which had 2 separate pumps ,one for front and one for rear . when I hooked it up to the after market switch [needed for the Datsun wiper motor] the pressure was so great it totally missed the car and squirted to either corner of the shed. I removed one of the pumps so the water is pumped through the other one as it should have . Any water bottle or catch can will be ok with an electric pump mounted on the hose  . In a box somewhere in my shed I have a pair of early falcon radiator recovery bottles and I planned to use one as it was to be used and the other as a washer bottle .

Like I said previous not real pretty but it all works .
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »

Very informative Haydn. Thanks.

Dave
0417 270 315
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

Had some 'technical' issues with payment to Mutton Hollow Chevys when I tried to inc postage from the States.
Mark wrote back to say postage to Aus had now been added, but I still had no luck making the transaction on line.
Could only find double jets in the Rover P6 nozzles. Looked good, but with the way they mount on an FC I think one jet would point to the back of the shed like Haydn's experience below.
Beats me where Earlybitz has his listed - maybe out of stock or not listed.
In the mean time, I stumbled across the Chev units listed in Aus. $10/pr. I sent the image from Mutton Hollow Chevys.

The supplier replied: "They are the same as your image that you sent.  Postage would be $4.  I will have some in stock on the 17th December." 
E-mail: classicpickupsupplies@yahoo.com.au
Phone: (07) 5446 2667.
Thanks again, and hope this helps someone else.

Dave.

Dave
0417 270 315
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »

Well done Dave. Here I was all smug with the $15 I paid to Mutton Hollow! Just shows it pays to look around. Glad you got a result. Martyn
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 11:03:44 PM »

It's around the same price but I guess it could have been a lucky find with the supplier on home ground.
They say they will call when they arrive & I think they are serious about doing business - even for such a small sale.
Will let the forum know the outcome.

Dave
0417 270 315
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »

One pair only of these windscreen washers has finally arrived from the States. Local supplier will post to me now & chase up the rest of their stock on order.
They seem to think procurement isn't normally an issue, perhaps some delays are to be expected around Christmas & New Year.

Cost of $10/pr + $4 post remains the same.
E-mail: classicpickupsupplies@yahoo.com.au
Phone: (07) 5446 2667.

Dave
0417 270 315
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: