FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:37:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE-FC Vic Club Annual Auction Day  (Read 7927 times)
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2003, 09:40:11 AM »

The Victorian FE-FC Holden car Club's Annual Auction Day has been moved forward and this year will be held on the 29th June. I've attached a preliminary list of items which will be updated regularly right up until Friday 27th. Item numbers will appear on the list from about mid June. There's some great stuff on offer this year, so good luck to all those that will be bidding.
cheers,
Leigh D.

Red & white is alright
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 10:38:18 AM »

Hi Leigh
Just a couple of questions, Is the auction open to members from other clubs ie: Me, and if so how does one place a bid and when. Huh

I have seen quite a few bits an pieces on the list I would love to add to my small collection. Grin

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 08:40:18 PM »

Hi Jim,
The auction is open to anyone. We have a couple of the committee members who do the bidding on behalf of interstate buyers. For probity reasons, they're the only ones who then have access to your bid limits.That's usually Ken McLean and Brett Gillard but I'll speak to them and find out who's doing it this year (or they might even respond here).
It's just a matter of contacting them when you know what you're after, giving them the item numbers of things you want and your upper limit.
I'll be updating the list regularly as items are presented & that'll be right up until Thursday 26 June. So you can place your bids any time until then.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 12:14:43 AM »

Bids can be placed through me as suggested by Leigh.
You can send me a pm, send me an email on ken@vic.fefcholden.org.au or give me a ring on 03 9734 7525.
As Leigh has suggested, all you need to supply is the lot number and description along with the maximum bid amount.  No money is reqd up front.
The bidding is done just like in a normal auction, here is an example;
Your maximum bid is $50
The auctioneer opens the bidding and the proxy bidder bids an amount (let's say $5) on your behalf.
Other bids follow and let's say they are going up in $5 amounts.
If the item eventually sells for $30, then this is the amount you pay for the item (postage may be added later).
If the item goes for $50 then you get the item for $50 UNLESS it wasn't your bid that was for $50.
If the item goes over $50 then the proxy bidder stops bidding on your behalf.

The auction is ABSOLUTELY legit and the auctioneer is Bill Wellwood from Shannons Auctions.  All bids are held in the strictest confidence and even the proxy bidders do not know who they are bidding on behalf of.

Many people from the interstate clubs including WA have won items in our previous years auctions and recommend it I am sure, as most have returned year after year

Hope you can participate in this years event

Regards    Ken McLean
President - FE/FC Holden c/c of Vic
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 07:20:40 AM »

Hi Gents

Thanks for all the information. I will be joining in for sure. I will be keeping my eye on the list and will let you (ken) know what I would like to bid on and what my limit is per item...

Looking forward to burning a hole in my wifes pocket. lol

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2003, 07:56:50 AM »

Hi just want to find out the details regarding location and time of the auction and any other relevant info,

regards mike
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 10:20:40 AM »

Mike, the auction is at the Homing Pigeon club rooms, Monash Business Park, Business Park Drive, Notting Hill.
Swap meet and auction viewing starts at 10.00 am whilst the auction itself starts at 12 noon.

We will have some signs up in the business park directing you to the right building.

Regards   Ken
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2003, 02:43:57 AM »

Heh Guys, Smiley Smiley
I have just today been contacted by two more sellers that are very keen to sell there wares at our Auction day. When i receive the items i will confirm with leigh and we will add to the ever growing list wich is looking like it will be close to 200 items of early Holden gems!!
Brett

Brett Gillard
NickF
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 12:36:05 PM »

Leigh
Possible to post list on this site? Have an apple and cant read word files.
Thanks Nick
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 12:32:49 AM »

NickF,

It's actually an Excel spreadsheet.  If you don't have Office:Mac you can still download the Excel Viewer application (for Macintosh) from The Great Satan. This will let you open the file, but not print it, same as the PC version of Viewer.

Once the list goes final I will include a PDF version on the site, which will be around the 25th.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NickF
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 12:31:33 PM »

Thank you Richard
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2003, 09:52:16 AM »

Hi All,
Have attached the "Final" list for the Vic Club's Auction. Unfortunately we've had to keep the numbers back to prevent overtaxing our auctioneer who has another gig after ours.
There'll also be a mini swap meet on the day and some of our members sites will be full of more great stuff. Swap doors open at 9.00 am.
Venue and auction time details are:
Victorian Homing Pigeon Club Rooms
Factory 2, 29 Business Park Dve.
Notting Hill.  Melways ref. map 70,  E8
Sunday 29 June. Auction starts at 12 noon. Viewing from 11.00 am.

Red & white is alright
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 01:10:41 AM »

Final PDF version attached.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 05:18:09 AM »

Whats a Glenco FE Bonnet mascot look like.
Regards,
Graham
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 07:31:50 AM »

Rather like a Hillman Hunter "H" badge in an oval.  It sits on yop of the bonnet sort of like the Statesman crest.

Ken
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2003, 11:20:08 PM »

I'm serious Graham....if you add anything more to that car you're never going to get it back up your driveway!!!!  Tongue

Zoom zoom!
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 03:55:48 AM »

Hey Ken , Regarding the Auction , I sent you a IM regarding bidding on behalf of someone for me . Did you get the message . The bid is for ROBBIE MARDINI of Greenacre NSW. Item number 165 , original ute tarp clips (NOS). Thanks Slim.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 04:55:55 AM »

Got the message and have just replied

Regards   Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)