FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 06:20:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2293 times)
Airfireman

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »

Gday all,

Newbie on the Sunshine Coast QLD here looking to purchase a FC Ute.

I am a Holden boy through an through having done a motor mechanic apprenticeship at Fishermans Bend plant in the early 80's.

The FC has always been one those "i would really like to own one those one day" cars after owning many holdens.

Only found this website yersterday after noticing a FC Ute on ebay.

I have used these forum web sites for my Suzuki bikes and VW Kombi and know they are full of knowlege and great tips.

I didnt purchase the FC as i went to look for myself only to see all the chassis was rusted out , pretty sad all over.

Not impossible but too much work for me at this time as i have a 76 Kombi just about to come out of the panel beaters and needs to be fitted out.

I am still tempted for a FC or FE ute if there is one out there for the right price.

I look forward to reading some resto projects and tips on what to look for and where to buy

Thanks

Tim

FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »

Welcome to the forum Tim

You're correct in saying the forums are full of knowledge and tips.

The gurus on here are unbelievable in the knowledge and experience.

Good luck in finding your ute. There was a shed find about a month ago down in the New Engand area of NSW.

Who knows what might turn up.

Regards

Craig D

fink

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »

Hey Tim,i was in the foundery at F/Bend back then,you would remember Charlie,he was one of your top mechanic's back then and i think he's still there,have fun find'n a ute,there's plenty out there,but finding a good one aint easy.
Gaz! Grin
Airfireman

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »

Thanks guys,

At the moment i am having a good read of the resto projects and what to look for next time i see ute.

Fink: I left the bend in 86 but still have a mate who works there, i will have to ask about Charlie, thought they would all be gone now??

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: