FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:43:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: In the news....  (Read 4504 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:32:11 AM »
+1

Just thought I'd post a couple of pics I've found from "past" news Wink

I saw an article in the Herald the other day about the last Shark victim to die in Sydney - January 28, 2013 marked exactly 50 years since the incident. Among the pics with the story was this one. It shows an FE parked on the side of the road while everyone is trying to push the Ambulance up the hill. The article says the ambulance broke down....

You can't tell if the FE is a police car, ambulance or not, but it does have a matching arial in the centre of it's roof like the broken-down ambulance does....

Original article here: http://bit.ly/X4YgSE

Cheers, Les...

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:34:34 AM »
+1

The caption on this pic says "The 440 bus to Leichhardt gets wedged between the curb and a parked car in Hampshire Lane, Annandale, Sydney on 18 March 1960. SMH NEWS Picture by BARRY GILMOUR.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »

Nice work, Les.

The 440 and the FE look like they have matching paint jobs in that sepia tint.

The FE is a standard, but has had a coat of jam to the roof. And probably going to need some massaging with a hammer and dolly once the bus is removed...

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
87 velo
nsw-club

Model: FE

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:31:35 PM »

Les,
The ambulance burnt it's clutch out trying to get back up the hill, that was up middle harbour, I was there that day on a family picnic (very young at the time).  The girl that was attacked (Hathaway I think) bled to death, my dad and his mate were involved in trying to get the ambulance back up the hill.  We went there in a small boat and and had to wade in the water to go ashore and back to the boat.

We took the girl that was attacked friend home, she wouldn't go in the water so dad and his mate carried her to the boat. Seeing mum and dad this weekend so will ask if he remembers any more.

There are still plenty of them sharks about, my daughter took this pic about 2 years ago near the Iron Cove bridge Rozelle side

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 02:19:33 AM »

Wow, small world.
Thanks for sharing your first hand account.
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »

Cool story 87 velo!!
I always wonder if someone will recognize their car from one of these old pics one day, but also great to hear from someone who was actually there!!

Cheers...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: