FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 05:20:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: hello from the uk  (Read 4611 times)
steve blake
« on: May 13, 2003, 05:36:23 PM »

just a quick note to say hi from the uk,I am the proud owner of a 1957 fe speacial sedan,Inherited from my parents(the late Chas & Daphne Blake)I believe they were overseas members of your club.the car is still ticking over quite nicely making a few trips out each year,I will send pictures when i have worked out how to do it,
bye for now
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 07:53:04 PM »

Good to hear from you Steve, and welcome to the FE-FC discussion forum. Good to see you're waving the flag for us (so to speak) over there.

Cheers,

Graham Pryce
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 09:24:43 AM »

Steve, sad to hear of the passing of your parents, I remember them well from many letters and calls.  I still have a video of the assembly of the car.
Did you ever finish the FC that you were building ?

Regards   Ken
dam-mad

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 09:57:33 AM »

Hi Steve,

It must be sight for a home sick Aussie traveler to to see one of Australia's best on those wet UK roads.. Do you know of any others over there?  Would love to see a photo of car..

Safe miles!
Deano

« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 09:59:45 AM by dam-mad » Logged
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 10:58:51 AM »

Hi Steve.
Good to hear from you.
I can recall publishing a members profile in the newsletter featuring your cars many years ago. I too am sorry to hear of the passing of your parents. Glad to see the cars are in safe hands. Looking forward to see updated pics.
If you ever need help with parts etc, please let me know, I would be very willing to help.
Regards
Alex

Steve blake
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 08:22:28 PM »

Thanks for the kind words with regard my parents, the fc is about to go to the great scrapheap in the sky,due to lack of interior,the guy who resprayed it died and the interior was never returned,on further ivestigation it was found to have been binnedwhen the workshop was cleared out.other than that the car was ready for being reassembled,but due to costs of keeping it garaged and the rarity of a complete fc interior turning up on these shores my brother has decided to dispose of it.Hi to Ken I recently found some photos of various cars and rallies you sent to dad so the name does ring a bell,its could to see ive found the right site,I have photos which i can add to email but afar as computors go i  wouldnt know how to submit them any other way,so if there is an address i can send them to let me know,thanks for the replies and i'll keep posting if thats ok,and the offer of help for sourcing parts is greatly appreciated as she's due her Dreaded Mot soon,
bye for now
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 11:48:17 PM »

Steve,

Your folks were for a while a member of our club.  Good to hear from you.   Sounds like a shame about the FC.

If you want to post pictures here (amongst other benefits) you just need to register on the site - which is free.

Look for the "Register" link near the top right of this page.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Jim Little
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 10:13:26 AM »

Hi Steve,
Just reading your discussion on the FE-FC Holden Club of Vic. I am also into FC's & a member of the newly formed WA Holden Club. I'm actually moving to England at the end of this month, not taking FC though. I was just wondering where your located in the UK?

Cheers,

v6jim  Cool
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 12:35:21 PM »

Hey Steve.
Hope you register and stick around awhile.
If you could send your pics to me, I would love to see them. I could even post them here for all to see if you want.

custom@idx.com.au

Regards
Alex

Steve_b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 03:23:21 PM »

Jim located in Bracknell Berks,about 9 miles from windsor,
Alex will send pics soon
Gertie
nsw-club

Grey & White rooles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 11:26:17 PM »

Hi Steve

We were at your parents place in June 1995 & met you or your brother at the time. I have pics of 2 cars together at the front of the house.

Denis & Anne Gardiner were also friends of your Mum & Dad as well & he supplied quite a few parts for his car.

We were very sorry to hear of the passing of both your parents, they made us very welcome at the time & we had a great night together.

All the best for the future & hope to see you in Australia sometime, if you can make it.

Margaret & Geoff Saul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: