FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:47:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FireKraka  (Read 39215 times)
FireKraka

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »

Thought I would post a bit of an update.
I've been driving the Sedan a lot usually goes to my work office a couple of times a week (100Km round trip).
Picked up a twin throttle body manifold and a couple of overhauled VR heads and seeing that I had put a small pin hole in my radiator (slipped spanner  Roll Eyes) thought I may as well make some changes. engine originally had 175,000Km on the clock when I piulled it out of the donor and I've probably put another 15 to 30thou on it since I've been driving it.
Unfortunately the radiator has to be remade, as it was a special, in Adelaide, take a week or more and cost me just over $600  Angry Angry
Twin throttle body manifold and polished rocker covers (love that manifold  Grin)

Engine top end stripped down

VR heads sitting in place

Reason for the VR heads on my VN/VP block are that VR came with factory roller rockers and increased the compression ration from 8:1 to 9:1 engine bore and stroke were the same but the combustion camber in the head was slightly smaller.
Regards
FireKraka
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 02:35:11 AM »

Wow, looking good mate and that’s some serious bling there. It’ll be interesting to see how much difference the twin throttles make. I guess it’ll be hard to know if it’s the heads or throttles or both making a difference. I checked twin throttles out a while back for the VP motor and there’s differing opinions on them. I reckon your car was pretty quick anyway - you’ll be down at the Motorplex drags when this mod’s done 🏎 😊
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

Your right john regarding the manifolds, when I started looking at them on eBay I actually rang the guy and asked him if he had done any testing, he said no, no dyno nothing so I had held off buying one but when this one came up all painted and polished I couldn't resist.
It will be disappointing if it stuffs it up.
The heads will give some power increase hopefully I'll let you know and you can maybe play with your engine for you wagon.
I do have a set of VR heads here that would need doing up if you want them, I could do them up at work for you.
FireKraka
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2018, 03:27:03 PM »

Doesn’t matter if it stuffs up mate, at least it’ll look schmicko  Grin
I’ll give you a call about the heads soon.
Cheers,
John
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: