FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need some advice on who to go to in WA  (Read 4741 times)
Yesiam

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:55:23 PM »

Hi,

I moved from ACT to WA previous junior member under Asus.  I have 58FC special and was told that I could modify it with 186 so I did thinking I could get it on the road.  Now I have got my modifications forms back from WA Transport Authority and they want a gazillion things done to the car.  Pity as it runs well and the mods make it an extremely nice drive.

required additional modifications by WA transport include
co-lapsable column, " will require rack and pinion I believe "
twin break system
seatbelt fitments in all seats
2 speed wiper
Window washer
and a number of other things.

Bottom line is the mechanic who did the job has not got time or a workshop to refit the grey.  I would like to find some one here in WA to talk to.

cheers.

Simon
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

Simon, All these things are pretty much standard fare for a modified car nowadays - you don't need to fit a rack to achieve a collapsible column, but you will need to find a shop which will do bespoke work if you cannot do it yourself. Being in Victoria I have no idea who is available in WA, but while I was at Hoppers Stoppers we did exactly this type of thing on an everyday basis.
The twin brakes are straight forward assuming you have already fitted disc front and have a matching drum rear. What brakes do you have?
New ADR seatbelts are straight forward
2 Speed wipers are OK - have a look at Brett f's example - If you have an existing EK Preslite motor already this will be handy.
Window washers will fit with the wipers

Ken
john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:27 AM »

not sure of the ethnicity, but somewhere in the new guide lines, it states if a replacement engine is not available up to 15% bigger/or more powerful can be fitted, with engineers, as long as it is a bolt in modification,
so idd assume the 149ci would not require any of the above mods, but also being Melbourne as for WA help, best get in contact with the WA club and go from there

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
heavyduty1340

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »

Yesiam

I know of a bloke who can do all of the work you require

He is down in Busselton though

He specializes in v8 and v6 conversions

I just had my FE at his workshop for collapsable steering with commodore rack - steering is now awesome!!

Next is a commodore diff and brakes all round, and convert the car to run 15" commdore rims.

You have to accept that non of this comes cheap, so you have to love the car!!

Ring Phil - 0415 745703 - if he doesnt answer first time keep trying as he will eventually!

All the best with it all
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

G'day Simon

Contact me at my email   cruising58@hotmail.com

I don't have a clue about modification rules (does anybody ?)
My 173 was borderline for an engineers cert. It was pushing boundaries for increased cubic inches and horsepower increase,  and that was years ago

but I will put the subject of modifications on the agenda for our club meeting Tues night. It will make a nice change from discussing concessional licences  Grin

surferboy
 Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »

Hi Simon,
The last time I spoke to (approx 2 years ago)Mark Bone of Mandurah Performance he was saying that the largest capacity engine that could be fitted without an engineers certificate is a 161 cubic inch.
Dept of Transport keep changing the rules from I've been told so go by what documents they give you and complete it by the allocated time frame.

Regards Seb

Yellow Knight

Yesiam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:01 PM »

Sorry I took so long to get back to you all, all good advice.  My grey motor is all good to go, so I'm thinking I still wish to put this back in. Trouble is time, I don't have it so am looking for a good place to take the car, some one I can trust not to rip me off.  Too many people tell you a price and then double it or at least it seems that way.  So will check out your leads and see what I come up with.  I also wish to keep the 3 on the tree, and steering as is, Thanks for the advice.

Simon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: