FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:50:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Inner firewall cardbord trim  (Read 18429 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:13:09 AM »

I asked the question at last nights club meeting about the black cardboard trim that fits over the inside of the firewall, and was told that someone in Victoria was reproducing them. Any information or contact details would be most helpfull.
Regards Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
+1

Hi Jim,
This may helpit was paosted in 2009.
Cheers,
Graham
http://www.classicgloveboxes.com/
Hi,
The Vic FE-FC Club has been working with a local manufacturer -  John Warren, to produce  reproduction interior firewall insulation panels. The final product has now been released and is a great result.

It includes a number heavy cardboard panels like the original along with matching insulation panels. It looks great however not a perfect reproduction for those who are seeking an exact replica.
The original panels where stapled together where John can only hold them together with black rivets. Given the Cardboard panels are black as well, they are hardly noticeable.

If you are seeking the original stapled look, John can provide the panels loose for you to staple them yourself.

John also does reproduction glove boxes, kick panels & parcel shelves as well as Carby gasket sets.

So, the important bit... how much - $170 for the firewall panel (+ postage, although not sure about how that would work because they are fairly wide).
If interested, please contact John direct on 03 9873 3909, Mob 0411 316 137 or email john@classicgloveboxes.com

So John knows where the sale came from, please mention the Vic Club, that way he will be encouraged to make more parts for our Clubs.

Trevor_B
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »
+1

Jim

I Have fitted one of these and they are a reasonable replacement item.

They have like thinner sponge type insulating on the back, not the underlay, the mock? cardboard covering is also thinner than the original.

The rivets holding mine together were a large blind silver type, so I just painted them black to get rid of the Harley Look

They are flexible and easy to fit, I put a layer of Dynamat or similar on the firewall before fitting it for extra sound deadening.

Your welcome to have a look at next run or meeting, It's fitted to the Ambo

Cheers Gary
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:05:04 PM »
+1

Graham, thanks for the info, I rang John this morning and placed an order, he is like the guy from Obsolete rubber mats, only doing it part time so it will be 4-6 weeks. Thats ok with me as I will not need them for around that period anyway.
Gary, I plan on doing the same, I'm using Resomat from Melbourne though. The plan is to do the the whole interior roof, floor, firewall etc.
Regards Jim
ps,when I spoke with John, he said that he had not been given any feedback on fit and finish, so he was pleased to hear that I was told that the panel fit was good. Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »

You could also try this guy:

James 0410 496 454. He's in the Sth east subs of Melb.

I just bought brand news kick panels from him for $20 a pair. He also sells repo firewall boards as well as the boards behind the back seat.

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:57 AM »

Does anyone know what happened to the Classic Gloveboxes business?
Their website no longer works and the domain name is available to register  Undecided

MAF
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »

Pretty sure John gave it away about 2 years ago
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 07:45:02 PM »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-AUSTRALIAN-MADE-FRONT-FIREWALL-INSULATION-PANEL-BOARD-SUITS-FE-FC-HOLDEN-/151777973202?hash=item2356ac13d2

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: