FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The one that got away...  (Read 32770 times)
Oggz

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »

But I got it back!

FC-219-4943-A   Vehicle is an FC Standard Station Sedan, the 4,943rd manufactured in Adelaide, SA.
194-668   The Exterior Trim Code (194) describes this car as Single-Tone: Skyline Blue.
The Interior Trim Code (668) refers to: Peasant Blue.
256-2051   The paint colour is Skyline Blue (in DUCO Lacquer)
7-26610-M   The vehicle was assembled during 1957, and was the 25,610th FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Melbourne, Victoria.
L616899   Manufacture date (based on engine number) is October 1959

Will post some pics and start the story soon

Cheers
Oggz
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »

So tell us a little about the story "Got away and now it's back "... i gather by the wording.. you had it years ago and let it go, now it's come back home Huh

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:56:23 AM »

Not quite so dramatic as that unfortunately. About 18months ago while searching every website possible for my dream FC wagon to pop up, I came home from work and fired up ebay, and there it was, $3500 bid, $4500 buy now, my finger hovered over mouse resting on the buy now button only to hesitate, I called my missus over to take a look and she said "Just give me a few minutes, need to take a shower" so I waited...after 20 minutes I couldn't stand it any more and hit the buy now button...but alas, it was already gone!!! Lets just say I was a very very unhappy man and sulked about it for at least a couple of weeks, probably longer, since then very few wagons have popped up that have drawn my eye or elicited quite the same emotional results as this one.

So when "Not Happy Jan" contacted me and said it was up for sale again and he needed the garage space, I just had to have it.
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »

it must of meant to be yours.... is it blue and white Huh  or a green one with Mags ??

got any pics ??

i'm glad it came back your way

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »

Here are some pics of when I went down to take a look in April and when she was picked up.

Now these have me confused, chassis number reads as assembled in 57? body plate says manufactured in Adelaide? I thought FCs were released in 58?

There is a fair bit of work ahead of me, the paint has good "old look" going on, the only good piece of rubber on it is the tail gate glass seal.

She does have alot of good points tho, excellent tail gate, has all the metal strips in the cargo area, a solid motor and gear box, a very straight body apart from some cancer on the drivers side, no ugly stainless down the sides...to list a few.

I have some plans for her, but nothing is set except to get her cleaned up and cancer free and on the road again.

Cheers
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »

Some things are just meant to be, enjoy!
Cheers
Deano

FE and FC"S rule.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »

Nice old wagon Oggs, looks like she's in pretty good nick for her age, good to see another wagon on here.
          Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 09:59:45 PM »

sweet..nice n clean for her age

enjoy every moment and than you will even enjoy more every drive when its on the road

a very good base to start with

im happy for you, and further more "YOU OWN IT "  that always brings a smile when i look at my sweet FE in my garage...ITS MINE

FE 4 ME

john253a

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 11:34:52 PM »

nice to see like minded people,
my misses just didn't understand it either, but when you no that's the one, its the one.

good luck on the build and happy motoring,
you plan to the sludge grey in it, hope so, as there ain't no sweeter sound (besides a blown Cool

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »

I was missing it before he even loaded it onto the trailer Cry Cry

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
pbh0069
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »

great pick up, enjoy Grin

cheers phil.
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »

There are thoughts of removing the old grey for a small red, but I dont think will happen for sometime, will take me some time to build that motor to how I want it, so for now I have the task of tracking down the right trimatic to fit behind the grey, but even that conversion is a while away...
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »

Now these have me confused, chassis number reads as assembled in 57? body plate says manufactured in Adelaide? I thought FCs were released in 58?

FC's were released in May 58.
Yours must have had the subframe replaced at some point.
Regards
Alex

Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »

FC's were released in May 58.
Yours must have had the subframe replaced at some point.
Regards
Alex

Damn, I was hoping I had a FE in FC clothing hahah! Are there any tell tales about the rest of the body that would tell me the difference? the body plate looks like its been re-attached at some stage, the rivets dont look right.

anyway, only a small up date

its finally in the garage and not outside under a tarp!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »

Well the scuff plate shown in the pic is an FE one, but everything else appears FC - black dash top looks very original

Ken
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »

was there any difference with the brake/clutch pedal setup for FE/FC? I have noticed the wagons pedals sit much higher than the pedals in my sedan...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »

No difference - maybe the rubber bumpers are stuffed on your wagon. This will allow the pedal to come up about 40 mm

Ken
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:06 AM »

Well, been some time since an update for this ole girl, spoke to a man yesterday about the metal cancer, prognosis was not good, I asked him how much, his replay was, "how long is a piece of string..." after a couple more bundy's I finally got him to "maybe two weeks to get it back to road worthy"...@ $60/hr

unfortunately my wallet does not stretch that far...possibly not ever... so far the jury is out on her longevity at ever seeing the black top again ;(

Oggz
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »

I know the feeling Oggz, how handy are you & how much are you willing to learn. Go through some of the rebuild threads & get some inspiration. A few of the guys on here have done some amazing things in the "back shed". You can pick up gasless mig welders on eBay for a couple of hundred bucks, or you might be able to score a cheap oxy set.

Hope you can find a way to get the old wagon going again.

Dean.
Mc Bean

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »

Hi Oggz
Don't give up on her mate, even if you put it on the back burner, sooner or later you will find someone to help you out.

I even got my grandaughter who hounded me to help today, cost me 5 bucks.

Andy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: