FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vic Club permit Registration, joining a club  (Read 4251 times)
rohan

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but...

A friend questioned why I was on full registration and I said 'because I drive the car and don't want to only drive to club runs and the like', so he tells me the system has changed and you can drive 90 days of the year, and it costs way less than full rego.

I investigate...
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm 
and find that you need to be a member of an approved club.

1. Is there a list of approved clubs?
2. Is an FEFC vic club 'approved' by VicRoads?
3. Will they tolerate people who really only want to pay club fees so they can get Vic club plate rego?
rohan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »

umm I see from Vic FEFC club you must attend a couple of events, which shouldn't be too hard.

Club Plates - Special Requirements
Please note, if you are considering putting your vehicle on Club Plates, the FE-FC Holden Car Club of Victoria has a number of requirements that must be met.

The Club Permit Conditions of the FE-FC Holden Car Club of Victoria Inc:

You must be a financial member of The FE-FC Holden Car Club of Victoria Inc.
You must show that you are an active Club member by attending Club events in your FE-FC. This includes monthly General Meetings and official social events. If your FE-FC is not 'on the road', you can attend in another vehicle.
You will need to be a member for at least 6 months.
Once 6 months have passed and you have attended Club events, you must obtain a Roadworthy Certificate for your vehicle. Then you can apply for a Club Permit.
When your Club Permit is granted, you must attend at least 2 Club events in your Club Permit vehicle per financial year.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »

Yes the Vic club is approved and we have had hundreds of inquiries from people who want club rego. Come to one of our meetings and you can find out all the details you need to know. We do require that club members with their cars on club permit attend 2 events per year with their car.

Ken
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

I'm going full rego so it doesn't effect me, but.....

This might sound like a silly question, but how do they know you've done 90 days? Is a log book required? If so, who confirms the log book is right?
I would drive nearly every day, but only a few ks as opposed to someone that might only drive a few times a year, but go interstate and the like. The ks would be similar, so why is it about the 90 days rather than X amount of ks? Just curious.

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »

A log book is used, which must be filled out in advance of a trip - If pulled up without a log book the fine is for driving an unregistered car.
The 90 days is aimed more towards car club use rather than everyday drivers - hence the limit and the aim of the permit in the first place.

Ken
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »

Makes sense..

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: