FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Special Sedan For Sale QLD  (Read 11004 times)
Oggz

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »

Pretty much stock 59 FC Special Sedan, located Gold Coast

Previous 10yrs before my ownership I believe it drove about 4000 miles, last 4 of those years it sat in a shed doing nothing after the owner trailored it up from VIC.

About a year ago I brought it and got it back on the road, new brakes(cylinders, shoes and hoses), lots of new suspension rubbers and a few other things needed to be done.

Has electronic ignition(pertronix), new white walls(1000 miles done approx, these will be removed if this doesnt sell quickly and normal tyres put on) and 3 new engine mounts.

I will let pics do most of the talking, it has rust sure but nothing major that I know of.

If sold in Queensland I will arrange a WRC and will be sold registered, out side of QLD I will remove the rego when its sold.

After $8500 but have committed to another vehicle so I need it gone fairly urgently and have some room for some negotiation.

Please feel free to drop me a msg or phone me to talk, 0433 919 759 and am happy to send more pics if needed. This car is currently registered so you can test drive before you by

Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:53:28 PM »

Still for sale.

I would just like to add, this is being sold as a road worthy, registered, road going vehicle and as such the price reflects this.

It is not perfect, it is not a wreck, it is was my daily driver until about 3 months ago so i consider it a reliable car(yes i miss driving it every day!).

cheers
Jemahl
Andyl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »

Nice to see the old girl is still driving about. Miss her at times. Smiley

Just a bit of history for the car.  It was purchased from Smith Motors (I'm pretty sure) in Geelong in 1959 by my grandparents and was in my family until we sold it in 1997. When we sold it I'm pretty sure the original manual (missing last page) was in the glove box along with the receipt.

Colour was fountain blue over indian ivory and interior was viscount blue and black. It came off the Melbourne assembly line

It brought back a whole heap of memories of driving down to Torquay with my grandmother.

Thank you.

Cheers

Andrew
Crackers

Model: FC

Vic-Cub Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:06:07 PM »

You should buy it Andrew and reunite it back with the family...that would be a great story.....also did the original boot stick get sold with the vehicle in 1997?
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:43:16 AM »

Sad to say when I brought it there was no booklet in the glovebox, just a few small spares and various bits of junk.

The NASCO patented boot stick was an accessory I picked up after I brought it upon discovering that the drivers side spring was on but not in the right spot so was not applying any tension to the lift and discovering after several bloody knuckles how hard it is to reinstall into the right place.

I brought the car off a man who trailer'd it up to the Sunny Coast from Melbourne and left it parked in a shed for 4 years to collect dust and rust and then being left out in the rain through the Brisbane floods.

I would be interested in a few more details if you possible have time for a chat Andrew?

Cheers
Jemahl
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »

Still for sale, rego has been renewed for another 6 months and has been serviced again last week.

I even had a friend of mines father, who was workshop manager for a Holden dealer in Wellington NZ while the FE-FC where for sale brand new look over it, he said the engine sounded strong and he couldn't hear anything bad when we went for a drive. I love talking to guys like that, one of those founts of knowledge that you stand and listen to with open ears and take in everything you can.

Have had a fair few enquirers about this car so far, but sadly only one visit to actually have a look.

I understand how difficult it is to buy interstate so if I can aid anyone with more info or pictures please feel free to call me, 0433919759

Cheers
Jemahl
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »

Was sad to see her go this morning, but gone she it

Cheers
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »

Jamahl, I know what you mean Sad Sad
Did you get the right price for it and was it a forum member???
Good work anyway!!!
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »

Thanks Nick, yeah I got what I wanted for it, I believe he saw it on carsales. I hope he makes it all the way home without too much drama, the man who brought it was driving to sydney to pick up a caravan, then driving it back to Perth...

I found this about the caravan he brought, a 1968 Murrumba Mini Star

http://vintagecaravans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=2612

I must admit i was a bit worried about it towing a dual axle caravan but theres a pic at the bottom of one hitched to what looks like a 120Y and the advert for it has it being towed by a mini! what neat van

Jemahl
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

Looks like the starship enterprise.

Thats the ugliest caravan i have ever seen.. Grin

Thats a big call for a poor old FC bloody long trip...

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »

OMG, how ugly is that van!!
if my dog was that ugly "I would shave his arse and make him walk backwards"

Would have been ultra modern back in its day.

Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »

Maybe "futuristic" in its day.

Look good behind a leyland P76 might take some of the focus off the van.. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print