FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:24:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Early crashbox (or at least casing)  (Read 2595 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2012, 02:04:45 AM »

As promised, I've been slowly working my way through writing the crashbox guide, and it's looking to be a good document.

One thing I want to do in the guide is to spell out the changes that occured from FX through to EK. There arn't many of them (about a dozen), and most are pretty simple changes to understand, photograph or explain. One change that is not so easy to understand is the change in casing that occured mid-way through the FJ run (at engine number U283384). What I would like to do is to take some measurements and photos of the early and late casings side-by-side, both internals and externals.

I have plenty of the late model casings, which have 7409980 cast it them. What I would like to get hold of is an early casing, which will have 7400125 cast into it. I'm happy to get hold of a complete gearbox, a box that is seized/shagged, or just a casing. Happy to do a number of things:
a) get a loan of a casing or box, I'll pay freight both ways and return it to you once I'm done,
b) buy a casing or box outright and pay freight,
c) borrow a box, you pay for the cost of an overhaul kit and I'll put the kit through the box for you then return it.
d) some other combination of the above.

Cheers,
Harv (chief apprentice crashbox fiddler).
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »

I have 4 in the parts shed. Not sure if early or late. I'll have a look tomorow when I'm there. I'm in Victoria, but it's an option if no one else is able.
I'll have a look first and let you know.

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »

I forgot I gave 2 away so I only have 2. I still can't figure out how to add a pic so I can't show you if these are what you are looking for. Can you please post a pic (prefer from above) and I'll confirm.

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
MalFE
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Hi Harv,

Do you still require an early casing?
I have one with casting No. 7400125, I will be going to Grey Prides on Sunday at Berrima if you want me to take it there.

Cheers,
Mal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: