FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:48:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting number plate pictures  (Read 1940 times)
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »

As well as old Holdens, I have an interest in number plates.  While flicking through old magazines and browsing the web, I save any older pictures featuring number plates on cars.  Mostly I chase pics of Australian plates. They don't have to be on Holdens of course.  Unusual plates such as Taxi or Dealer/Trade plates are more interesting than general issue passenger vehicle plates.  These pictures are helpful to people researching number plate history, and so if you find any, please email or message me.  Perhaps post them here if this thread isn't too off topic.

I'm not the only one with this strange hobby- I'm a member of the NPCC (Number Plate Collectors Club) of Australia which has around 300 members and puts out a 28 page newsletter each 4 months.  In that newsletter there are articles and photographs of older plates and newer issues.  A few club members actively research a particular type of plate or state of issue.  My main interest is Queensland and I've got number plates going back to around 1918 -before the 'Q' plates.

An example of the photographs I'm talking about is this one:

And to make a point, I came across that pic on the internet sometime (years ago?), but a collector in NSW told me yesterday that nobody in the club has a 1960 or 1961 NSW Dealer plate, and they haven't even seen a photograph.  I had a look through my pics and dug this one up.  Exciting stuff, hey?  Anyway, we all need a hobby, so please consider sending me any pics or links to websites you come across.  Similarly, if you are flicking through old magazines from before the 80s (I stupidly gave lots of mine away).
Apologies for the diversion from old Holdens for a few minutes  Wink Wink

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: