FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:04:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE/FC Big Day Out (Nationals)  (Read 49459 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2003, 10:47:19 AM »

I will have to agree with you there John. I think if you have it flaunt it street or show its all about the car, the club and the ppl who one thing in common.

We all LOVE our FE or FC no matter if it is a daily driver or a show car. These cars were made for driving.

You would not be embarrased. You would have had a great weekend.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2003, 07:54:07 AM »

What a fantastic effort in loading and showing all those photos from the suuny state nationals,it was a fantastic time and as usual truly tremendous to see so many FE and FC models together. For those guys who were not able to make it to the Coast at easter book yourself in at Jindabyne for 2005 as i have done and you will be able to see it all in the flesh and experience all that the FE/FC Car Clubs of Australia can offer you. Do it now and don,t miss out for the 2005 Nationals.
Brett Gillard
Victorian Nationals Delegate/ FC Stock 59 Wagon Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Brett Gillard
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2003, 10:15:51 AM »

holy bloody moly ,  just returned home today from the nationals with my FC covered in bugs and general road grime as I have had 4 days of continual rain from when we left the Sunshine Coast after the conclusion of the nationals on the Gold Coast and I have just finished looking at the photos on here as many others have done also.
Isn,t it great to see so many different versions of the FE and FC model cars irrespective of whether you like stocks or modifieds and haven,t the photos turned out well - a job well done indeed, I think being there at the Nationals makes you appreciate all the more the quality of these photos and the good time shared by everyone who was there along with the high standard of many of the cars that took part in this nationals.
I dont know ? maybe one day I will get a chance to have my FC looking as good as some of you other guys ??

Russell Bates    ( FCPV  and I dont have one either )
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2003, 06:58:41 AM »

Come on people I have set a personal milestone of 2000+ views.

I will have more photo's to add real soon.

PS I could not find the other disc full of digital photo's.

ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2003, 12:14:58 PM »

Re Old Shiny Bits,
as people know my old girl came home ungracefully on the back of a truck,
The motor is out and apart now and not a pretty sight,
when you read this you need to know, this motor had been built by the previous owner and has only done 2800 miles, 1100 of which was done going to QLD, she did the timing gear within the first month or so of getting her, now this,
The findings were,
gudgeons worn, all conrod bearings badly spun with 4 and 5 that bad they had joined themselves together and blocked the crank journals, the bore and head look good as does the main bearings, they dont have any marks on them, suprisingly.
the oil pump appears to have been the cause of the trouble because the relief valve piston was very hard to get out and appeared to be gummed up at the bottom, the dissy was engaged with the oil pump and still driving the pump. This goes to show what some people call a rebuilt motor, it had standard bearings and at first glance appears that the bore is standard also.
Ah well it was the last thing I had not done mechanically and now is the time to get the head done for unleaded.

Is there such a thing as a post rally hard luck trophy !!
Since getting home, PC has died and I have lost all my photos and Jims photos, printer has died, video died and to top it off I got caught by the radar the other night.
I now have another PC so if you could send those photos again Jim I would appreciate it

Soldiering on Cheers ChrisB   Cool
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 12:21:13 PM by ChrisB » Logged
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2003, 12:18:23 PM »

PS
Does any one have an oil pump rebuild kit or a NOS oil pump, having trouble sourcing these and any help would be appreciated, all the usual places dont have them

ChrisB  Cool
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2003, 08:50:15 PM »

Chris,
Sorry to here about all your misfortunes.Apparently oil pump parts are hard to get as Wayne had trouble when his motor was rebuilt.Do you know how your oil pressure was as mine is good(wilsonia gauge).But sounds like I should keep my eye on it as mine has gudgeon knock.But people tell me thats standard for grey motors.

Cheers,
Graham
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2003, 05:08:17 AM »

Hi All

I recieved my still camera photo's back today so keep an eye out for some more editions to this string.

I also recieved my new number plates today Blue & White, I think they will look much better than the others which were green and gold.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2003, 09:27:33 AM by Ariesguy65 » Logged

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2003, 05:53:19 AM »

Hey Jim shouldn't they be QLD plates?
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2003, 08:26:08 AM »

Hi John

I have an SA license to match, do not tell anyone.

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2003, 09:26:10 AM »

Hi ppl

I have just taken delivery of a new multi function centre and am having a little difficulty with the scanner. I will post more photo's sometime soon.

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2003, 08:10:12 AM »

Hi All
I have a memory like a sieve, was it graham or chrisb that wanted the zips, all I remember is that your PC gave up the ghost and now you have a new one and would like a copy.
Please pm or email me your request, then stand by and keep your inbox clear as you will need about 4000kb of space to take them all.

ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

Thanks Jim it was me, EffieC sent a copy over to me the other day

Cheers ChrisB  Cool
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2003, 12:27:34 PM »

Hi Graham, just finished reading your posting in reply to chris b, and you have said that you have gudgeon rattles in your motor ?  as a general rule, greys usually dont have gudgeon problems being a lower compression ratio than that of a red motor, I would have been more inclined to think it would be tappet rattle or if it sounds deeper in the motor then it may possibily be piston slap if the motor is getting a few miles up on the clock,  but as the say with greys its damn hard to tell some times.
Russell
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »

Hi All
Thought I would take you on a trip down memory lane, but all the links have gone so no photo's. I will have a tidy up of my photo bucket album and maybe start another thread as this one is way to long.

Cheers Jim

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: