FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:07:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Slim's Personal Trading Post  (Read 3489 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2003, 11:42:10 AM »

Hey John.
I don't mind people knowing that I voted
NO
I don't believe we need seperate areas for each member. There is a perfectly good For Sale section for all to use. If individuals need to promote their wares beyond this, they can create their own site and post a link. There are plenty of this type of trader on the net.
Personally, I think everyone should post once with all he has to offer instead of 10 different ones. This would create a thread with a lot of activity, and not clog up the board.
Slim, please don't take this as a personal attack on you. I realise that the service you provide is in demand, otherwise no-one would be interested in this thread.
Just my 2c worth.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 11:47:03 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 08:04:58 PM »

I guess RET and Slim would have the final say, but I think the board is diversified enough, especially the buying and selling sections.

slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 09:36:31 PM »

Dont I get A say in the Matter. I VOTE NOOOOO . Slim is an overworked , under payed mungrel,  His FC stuff is Crap and nobody in this Club wants anything hes got . YEAH Rite.  ITs fine as it is and if I wanted , I could Start my own Web site , Not that I need the Headache ! I will try And fit more stuff into 1 add from now on . I just thought it easier If they where in seperate Items, so as to be easier to find, as compared to looking threw 1 add with 6 million things in it .  Just my little bit of sauce for the spaghetti.   If I Wasnt on this Forum , You guys would have nothing to whinge about any way. SO you fight it out amongst yourselves, Im going out the Back , to Work on My FC PANELVAN. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
stevo56

Built Not Bought!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 10:28:55 AM »

I agree with Slim.
I just looked at the pages with the blown HQ and I'm not sure which one of those badass looking b@stards he was but either way, I wouldn't trust him.  Grin

Mind you, if he has his own section on the site, then I wouldn't have to go there, hey!

I'll take this opportunity to say.
Mate, that Q is one tough looking mutha. Always wanted to supercharge a motor.

if ever you need parts for her, maybe we can do a deal on some FE gear. Wink
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 02:00:45 AM »

No I dont think so , Which mate and whats the message ?

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 02:42:21 AM »

If Slim doesn't like the idea, we might as well stop it there.  For what it's worth I'm not keen on the idea of setting up separate boards for different people anyway.  If further division of the For Sale area is desired, it might be better to split it up into Cars, Panels and Shells, Mechanical, Interior etc.

Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Otherwise, I'd be willing to consider setting up some proper shop software if I can find a good (free) system out there that's suitable.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
dam-mad

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 02:58:01 AM »

I think Slim should be able to post he stuff anyway he likes, meaning several posts for several different items...I have bought several items from Slim, he is one of the reasons I have found the site such a valuable resource..

Cheers
Deano
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 07:50:16 AM »

I just want to make everybody who views the forum aware that I am not behind the push to single me out in a parts for sale section . Personally I dont give a Tinkus Cus. I just have a few Fc parts and am simply making people aware of them being available . The majority of people on the forum have done business with me in some way ,or manner, Wether buying from me , or selling to me .  I did not just start dealing in FE/FC parts recently . I have been collecting since 1985. I just bought a computer 12 months ago . I have been involved in FCs since I was a Child. And long after this forum is gone (god forbid) , I still will be. I am grateful to the Forum administration and viewers for there support and whatever service you guys decide I can provide on the Forum , ILL BE HAPPY WITH.  P/S if you need any FC parts contact SLIM 0402465768.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: