FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 07:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for FC Wagon NSW Rego EBO180  (Read 5306 times)
Ancient_History

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »

Hello,

I am new to the forum but after reading some posts I got the impression that some cars are lucky enough to retain their original plates.

If this is correct, then I would love to know if anyone still has the above car. From what I have read on the stats it is highly unlikely, but I have a rare affliation with this car that makes me hope that it is still in existence.

There is a chance it could be EBQ180 or EBO18? as its a little hard to make out in the photo. Unfortunately I can't load an image to share - but any news good or bad would be appreciated. It was down in the Cabramurra NSW Corryong VIC area in 1968.   

Fingers crossed it survived the years...
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »

Email sent

Regards

Wayne b
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »

Hello AH
If the wagon had E plates, the plates would have been fairly new in your pic of 68.
An FC wagon in NSW would have had plates starting with B when new.
Not that that changes things regarding your search.
I checked the my plates site, and EBO 180 is available, therefore it is not currently on a registered vehicle.
I also checked EBQ180 and it too was available.
As for EBO18?, there are only two options not available, EBO 183 and EBO188.
So those 2 plates are on currently registered vehicles.
Here's the link if you want to play further.
https://www.myplates.com.au/design_a_plate/index.html
Good luck with your search.
I believe you can request that the RTA contact the last known owner on your behalf. (for a fee)
They will not give you that info though, you would just be lucky that the last owner of those plates contacts you and is still at the last address.
Regards
Alex

Ancient_History

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »

Thank you for the reply and link.
I managed to scan and email the photo this morning so it can be uploaded.
I will try to get some more info on the car as to when and where it was traded from my Mum. My parents moved around a bit so the extra info could help - it could be in Oakey QLD to Melbourne VIC (well, hoping it survived) - will update soon, hopefully with some sort of timeline of the vehicles movements.
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »

Regards

Wayne b

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

Can you tell us what colours the wagon was, as that will also focus the enquiries.

Cheers
David

Ancient_History

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »

Well the news is not good.
I've contacted my family and the chances of this car existing are slimmer than slim. It was blue, purchased secondhand from Middleton Motors in Corryong VIC. Internet search showed they actually still exist, so I sent them an email yesterday on the slight chance that they kept old records thinking I might get some plate information. In the meantime, I rang and emailed my family - and just received a response from my brother. He remembers the car being traded in Armidale NSW on a HR whilst my parents lived in Oakey QLD. The car was traded because it was dangerously full of rust. This doesn't say much for its chances of survival. So, I guess the story ends there.

I said I had an affliation with the car in my first post but didn't say why. Given the car is no more, I don't think you will mind knowing why. I was born in that car at the fruit fly check on the Alpine Way next to the Murray River between Cabramurra NSW and Corryong VIC in 1968.

Thanks to all of you that have read and replied to my post. Thanks Wayne for uploading the photo! It was a dead end with the car but at least I've got the photo!

Enjoy your cars,
Ancient_History
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »

I've heard of many perfectly good reasons for people wanting to locate/buy back/restore/modify old Holdens, but A_C, yours is by far the best yet!

Given your affiliation, maybe it's worth keeping up the search? Who knows; maybe someone bought it cheap and done it up after it was traded?

Slim chance, I know, but worth persisting in your case?

Good luck...  Smiley Smiley

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: