FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:27:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: hr disc front end  (Read 2749 times)
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »

what do you think a h.r disc brake front end complete with booster is worth to purchase.
is currently on the car & working fine.
bloke wants a offer.
l know cheap as possible.
what do you think.... Roll Eyes

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »

I hate making offers too, if they accept the offer straight away you think you went too high or they get the sh*ts up if you go too low  Roll Eyes

Assuming the discs/pads/joints are all in good order and it will go straight into a car, I'd start low at $350-400. I've seen front ends with less go for $500+ and others sit around for ages with a lower price  Undecided The last front end I got off ebay was around $350, drum front end the included a 186/Powerglide (stuffed) but that was a few years ago now.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 11:47:31 AM »

Adelaide is much cheaper for parts cos they are tight asses there  Cheesy

In Melbourne I would have thought a good front end would be worth 500 to 600 bucks with a booster in VIC, but when you say it is working fine, there is much more to it than just the brakes, How would you check the bushes etc, some roadworthy joints will get you just for rubbers and want king pins done mandatory. It's just getting ridiculous, its like they wanna see you spend some money just to make themselves feel better. This happened to me with a ford transit van with king pin front. They said it had wear and didnt even test it right (didnt jack up car, i think they wrote wrong things and shouldve been ball joints). So I polished up the ends and tarted it up with paint, then they passed it! This was a while ago and there was no wear in that area at all!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »

ok it gives me something to work with...
just brought a ej van,trying to get a r.w.c in vic,is worth more than the van...
thanks Smiley

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »

Your right there. Victoria the nanny state but its fine to be a gangster  Tongue

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: