FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:05:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Original tool kit  (Read 4231 times)
mike

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2003, 09:17:25 AM »

Hi i got a tool kit with my FC and it appears to be the original one, my question is did the yellow/tan drawstring bag have a strange type of flower pattern on it as mine has and how many tools should be in it, i have the orange handled screwdriver, hubcap remover tool, sparkplug socket and multigrip type pliers,

regards mike.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 09:56:02 AM »

I am glad some one else asked that question. I have no tool kit with my car not even a jack, so am very interest in the contents of the kit so I can start to collect the bitz and pieces required.

I have not even got a jack or wheel brace.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 11:21:38 AM »

Hi Mike,
as far as i know thats all the tools that were in the bag.As far as the bag mine is silver with a press stud flap no flower patern.Maybe your bag was replaced when the original wore out.
Cheers,
Graham Smiley
Murray

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 09:48:57 PM »

Any chance of a picture  so that those of us looking for original tools will be able to identify them if/when we see them.
Thanks Murray.
mike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 11:03:41 PM »

Here is a picture of the tools, they are a bit grubby but are the right ones going by the master parts catalouge.

regards mike.
gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 01:22:40 AM »

Hi Mike,
I think you'll find that the tool bags were made from scrap material (you hardly ever see two the same colour). From my experience, the earlier models seemed to have 2 press studs (FE?) and the later models had a drawstring (FC?). Can anyone else shed any light on this? From the picture it looks like you have the correct tools.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Graham.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 07:13:25 AM »

The tools shown are correct. The screwdriver has "TURNER AUST" on one side of the handle and "TUFFLITE" on the other side.  The spanner fits the wheel nut on one end and the spark plug on the other.  The pliers can be identified by a cross-hatched pattern on the handles. The bags are also varied in material although I must admit I have not seen a floral pattern, all those I have seen were a single colour bag with a contrasting trim around the edge. Not sure yet which models had the press stud type and which models had the tie.

PS if anyone wants a set of tools as pictured-  I have a set for sale  - pm me if interested.

Ken
mike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 10:13:24 AM »

This is the draw string bag that the original tools were in, it is very grubby as i have not cleaned it yet, the floral type pattern is inbedded in the material and probably not able to be seen in the picture, the trim on the outside looks like it is a light cream,

regards mike.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 01:04:16 PM »

Very nice Mike, I can help you out with a pair of matching shoes if you like  Grin (just kidding)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: