FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 12:18:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Extra Stainless Trim on FC special  (Read 4275 times)
FC_NUT

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »

Hi all,

Could any one shed some light on this extra trim on the rear quarters of this shed(barn) find I've just acquired? (refer photos below)

The plans were to use this car for parts on a FC Station sedan I'm currently restoring but upon closer inspection of this vehicle when i got it home I think it's FAR FAR to good to strip for parts.
The floor is totally rust free the doors are 99% perfect with only a couple of dings and they open and close like new with good interior door trims, front panels have VERY minor rust, inner and outer sills again have VERY minor rust.
The sub frame has major rust at the front and has been butchered for a larger radiator but i think its repairable, spare wheel well has been removed due to rust i presume but the rest of the boot is great.

Its complete apart from the seats and front bumper. Apparently its been sheded for over 30 years and was last regoed in 1977 and also has a perfect condition nasco warmaride heater with all ducts and vents a perfect glass window washer reservoir and washer jets and the list goes on. I now know this car is WAY to good to wreck and would be a great car to restore.

So I now have a major dilemma on my hand what to do with it as i don't really have the room to store it.

Any info on the trims or advice on what to do with the car would be greatly appreciated.

Daimien
(as the name states a FC NUT)

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

The photos didnt work out  Sad I imagine they are Tilly Stripes but difficult to say without photos.

As to what to do with the FC you could always donate it to me. I am sure I could fit it in my shed somewhere.  Grin Grin

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
FC_NUT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:08:39 PM »

MMMMMM I modified it and added photos but still not there hay, it wont let me modify it again yet, its a bit of a pain but i can think of a better word for it.

I will get the photos up if it takes me a week.

As for keeping it in your shed i guess if you make me a substantial cash donation i would be more than willing to let you have it there. Wink

Daimen

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:19:32 PM by FC_NUT » Logged

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
FC_NUT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »

Hi all,

Could any one shed some light on this extra trim on the rear quarters of this shed(barn) find I've just acquired? (refer photos below)

The plans were to use this car for parts on a FC Station sedan I'm currently restoring but upon closer inspection of this vehicle when i got it home I think it's FAR FAR to good to strip for parts.
The floor is totally rust free the doors are 99% perfect with only a couple of dings and they open and close like new with good interior door trims, front panels have VERY minor rust, inner and outer sills again have VERY minor rust.
The sub frame has major rust at the front and has been butchered for a larger radiator but i think its repairable, spare wheel well has been removed due to rust i presume but the rest of the boot is great.

Its complete apart from the seats and front bumper. Apparently its been sheded for over 30 years and was last regoed in 1977 and also has a perfect condition nasco warmaride heater with all ducts and vents a perfect glass window washer reservoir and washer jets and the list goes on. I now know this car is WAY to good to wreck and would be a great car to restore.

So I now have a major dilemma on my hand what to do with it as i don't really have the room to store it.

Any info on the trims or advice on what to do with the car would be greatly appreciated.

Daimien
(as the name states a FC NUT)

Ok got the photos up just check my reply lower in the page SORRY my first time uploading pics Grin

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »

Have a look at the pics and story in general technical - http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,20111.0.html

The stripe is called "custom flash"

Ken

[Edit by RET: added link to thread in question]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:50:57 AM by RET » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: