FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:35:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: door seals for an fc ute  (Read 3606 times)
Dave

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Does anyone know if fc utility and sedan door seals are different. The door seals on my ute are a mile away from making contact with the door(it leaks like a sieve). I was thinking that maybe the incorrect seals have been fitted. Any help appreciated thanks.
Richard Thomas (Guest)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Dave,
I've never had to buy them, but since the shape of the door is different, I'd hazard a guess that the seal should be different.  A quick look at Rare Spares website <http://www.rarespares.net.au> shows the same part number for FE-EK sedan and ute door seals - and that seems very odd indeed.  Perhaps you should give them a call if you get no other answers here.
Not much help I know, RET
Ken McLean
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Apart from the top rear of the door, the ute seal is the same as the sedan seal, since this is where the R/S door seals join, they use the same seal for both ute and van.  If your door leaks air past the seal, the door is either incorrectly fitted (ie adjusted) or it is bent !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: