FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:55:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Air Chief Radio - Fitting Instructions  (Read 10206 times)
Phil Gray:
« on: February 19, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

I have an original Air Chief radio which has been in my cupboard for years, and I am now ready to install. Can anyone provide a copy of fitting instructions or comment on the following thanks:
1) Does it have a built-in speaker? I can't see one but, if not, what fittings do you connect an external speaker to? 2) There are 2 wires fitted for power supply (?)- I haven't connected up power yet till I am sure which is what? Is it a simple case of one positive and one negative, or are they both positive (eg one for radio, one for backlight) with earth off the chassis? 3) Do I need a special mounting kit and brackets (as I don't have any)? 4) Where does the aerial plug in? 5) There is a knob on the side of the chassis, similar to a volume knob - what is that for, as it would not be accessible once the radio is fitted?
Thanks
Tony C
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

1-No 2-both positive ,brown radio, grey light,negative to case 3-probably, but never seen one fitted to a car before.looks like there should be some brackets hanging of the back dosn't it. 4-drivers side of radio,plug on areil screws into side of radio ,near knob on the side 5-possibly for fine tuning far away stations , like you do with modern stuff these days before you instal it This is for the manual stlye air cheif. Not the selec-o-matic which is wired and mounted differently Do YOU know where the speaker is suppose to plug into? I'm not too sure.I've only just managed to got hold of some of these things my self and are still playing with them.A proper set of fitting instuctions would be good, wouldn't it.Cheers Tony
Phil Gray
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Thanks Tony, at least I have made some useful progress with your help. If I track down a set of instructions, I will let you know.
Tony C
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Thanks Phil that would be great.By the way, would you have a spare FE speaker by any chance?   <tncatlin@dynamite.com.au>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: