FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:05:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE windowless panelvan  (Read 19112 times)
Jodes

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »

Hi, my father has owned a FE windowless panelvan for over 30 years.  It has a 186S engine in it, absolutely NO rust at all. Been garaged since the day he bought it. We've been told that the original windowless van is quite rare, but we're not sure how rare.  Can anyone help me with this? We'd like to know how many (if known) are out there, and how much the old girl's worth.  Not as if he'd ever sell it, it's mine soon!!  Grin
GMVAN

Model: FC

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 06:36:53 AM »

Jodes.     The FE panelvans are not worth that much so I was thinking if your interested  Embarrassed I will give you 3 slabs of beer and will throw in a bottle of bundy for the van just to get it out of your shed so you have plenty of room for another project.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy (like drinking)
                                                                                     Grubby.

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »

Jodes, take no notice of that Grubby bugger; he's trying to rip you off! It's worth much more than he says - I'll give you 6 slabs of beer and TWO bottles of Capt. Morgan, and just so as you know we're not all theives on this forum, I'll chuck in a fresh crayfish as well...

cheers,
Honest Jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

Since there were only about 5020 FE vans made they have always been considered rare even when new. Windowless versions are obviously now more desirable since a lot were professionally converted for specific use when they were a working vehicle and others were customised by the van movement in the 70's.
As to how many windowless FE vans are still left in existence - This is a pretty tough assignment to answer. I have records of 29 FE vans that I think are still on the road or are not far from on the road. Maybe half these are windowless. But then there are many more out there (like yours) which are hidden away in sheds.
Can you post ID plate details and chassis number so that your van can be included in the register please?

Ken
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »

Jodes,

IMHO since the van has been modified ie. 186s motor, the value surely would have decrease significantly. jack_fc & GMVAN's offers seem very reasonable, bordering top dollar.  Grin Cheesy Grin  Nether the less, if it does end up on the market I'm sure we can come to an arrangement where I reckon I could match the other offers as well as some cash, say maybe $100.  Wink

Cheers

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
fc_clint_nz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »

I only have a crappy fc windowless van, i know of one fe and 3 fc vans here in NZ only two on the road mine and the fe.
Cheers
Clint. Grin
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »

Jodes, I personally know 2 FE windowless vans, and they're both very fine examples - one in Geelong (Tony H) and one in Adelaide (Kathi aka NosFEratu on here...)

By now, you're probably getting the message that out of ALL the FE/FC models, FE windowless vans are the rarest...  Smiley

Because of their scarcity, there would have been very few sales over the last few years; therefore hard to judge its value. Of course, its current condition will have a huge impact on its value also. But fair to say that it would probably be worth considerably more than any other (non-windowless van) FE/FC in similar condition.

And re VAN059s offer; I'll match that and possibly throw in a little extra...    like an arm or a leg  Grin Grin Grin

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »

And re VAN059s offer; I'll match that and possibly throw in a little extra...    like an arm or a leg  Grin Grin Grin

cheers, jack

Jodes As for Jack's offer  I will give my first born, two legs and an arm and a little extra $$$ just so the van doesn't have to live in that cold southern climate ... Grin Grin Grin Grin......FC427.....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:23:11 AM by stinky » Logged

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Jodes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »

Grin Grin Grin  You guys are funny buggers! Thanks heaps for all your help! I always knew that the FE was special, but as you all seems keen as cats, now i KNOW for sure she's a real gem!  I'll ask the ol fella to go get the numbers off her for ur records mate, no worries.  All I have to do now is sit back and wait for the FE to be all mine (wicked laugh) he he he
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

HOW ABOUT SOME PIC'S JODES OR YOU JUST TEAZ'N US! PS; LEAVE YOUR ''OLD FELLA'' ALONE. Grin
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »

Yeah ive got one fe van but i have two fc vans as well as a further collection of fb,s and fcs and fe,s wagons utes vans etc
regards fatboy

fatboy
Jodes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

fink fc, im allowed to call him an ol fella, his nickname for me is fart! i'll dig out some pics and post them as soon as i can guys
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »

Yeah the missus and I share ownership of an unmolested*windowless 1957 FE van. Should be back on the road quite soon*.

*unmolested = apart from lots of rust in sills, front subframe/floorpans
* quite soon = 2-3 years

Slowly, slowly the bird builds its nest Cheesy
R.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »

cheers, jack

Yeah, but truth be known, you just want any excuse to get a hook or a wooden peg leg! Tis a pity you don't have access to your "one legged" feathered friend anymore...  aaaaaaay Calico Jack?   Wink

And, yep Jodes as you've probably gathered by now, most people that have one will take a lot of convincing to part with them! They're one of the nicest body styles around - but I could be a little biased!   Smiley

NosFEratu
Jodes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »

your not biased, your right!
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 06:56:44 PM »

I had one... sold one... Look at the smile on Glenn's face!!

Phone +64 223509263
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »

Tis a pity you don't have access to your "one legged" feathered friend anymore...  aaaaaaay Calico Jack?   Wink

Probably a good thing, Kathi... I manage to get myself into enough trouble with two legged non-feathered birds already...  Wink

fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 09:40:32 AM »

HEY JODES,BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION,''WHATS IT WORTH''.IF WHAT YOU SAY IS CORRECT ''IT'S RUST FREE'',AND IT'S NOT A BOGGED UP REBUILD,THEN MY OPINION IS THE VALUE IS AROUND THE 8-12K MARK.
IF I SELL YOU A FC GRILL AND INDICATORS FOR THE VAN, NOT ONLY WOULD YOU FATHER BE STOKED THE VALUE WOULD THEN BE PRICELESS.  GAZ.
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »

Was going to mention how they always improve over the original, hence why the FC has to be better, but didn't want to start any arguments on this forum  Grin Grin Grin

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »

Name the changes that made the FC van better over the Fc van then... can you get more than 10?
Real changes that is...  Tongue

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: