FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance Cheap ?  (Read 2682 times)
deajenn

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2003, 10:22:01 AM »

Hi guys
          I have just recived a quote from Vigil insurance to insure my fc for a agreed value of $5000 the price was $146.00, with an excess of $400.00.It sounds a bit on the cheap side to me. Has anybody had dealings with this company before and more to the point are they reputable company, no use insuring with a company that wont pay up come judgement day. Or can anybody else suggest a good insurer with a good record.
               deajenn
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 10:32:21 AM »

Shannons.
I have my F*rd Galaxie insured with them (agreed for $6000 with $250? excess) and will hopefully soon do the same with the FE. The Gal is on Historic Rego so the premium is a lot less than usual, roughly $10 per month, direct debit too.
I have also heard good reports from many people and their dealings with Shannons and the speed of the claims process. They are now owned/underwritten/whatever by Royal Sun Alliance if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 10:33:13 AM by stinky » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 11:34:35 PM »

Shannons have always been underwritten by Royal and Sun Alliance, for what it's worth.  I have both my cars insured with them, and am happy to recommend them.  NRMA Classic would be marginally cheaper for my club registered car, but there is a multiple car discount which pretty much negates that and anyway, I'm happy to give them my business because they do support the car club movement.  They also insure modifieds, which I'm pretty sure Vigil won't do (and neither will NRMA Classic).

Just my 2c worth,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 06:27:03 AM »

I have my car insured with shannons as well  and find them realy good and are quite resonable I paid $130 for  $10000 I am on club plates before that I was paying around 240.
WAYNE
leon

Model: FE

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2003, 10:42:33 AM »

Wink G/Day fellows I have my fee056 insured with NRMA Vintage Insurance for $10,000 and it cost me $109 a year for comprehensive insurance, But that was last May and Im not on club plates.
Regards Leon.
deajenn

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 11:31:37 AM »

Thank  you fellas
                        sounds like Shannons is the flavor of the month,i will check them out and see how i go. I will also check out NRMA, they sound good also.
                           deajenn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: