FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Too many Ebay links in our "For Sale" listing page  (Read 8234 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2003, 11:24:16 PM »

Hi All.
It may be just me, but I think posting stuff that is on ebay defeats the purpose of this site. Take for example, the fella who has just posted 10 or so listings for stuff that is on Ebay. It has pushed everyones "For sale" down the bottom, or off the page.
If you have the internet, I am sure you can find this stuff on Ebay yourslef, we don't need a hand finding it. (I am not hassling you mate, just making a point)
Maybe RET could make an "Auction Link" page or something.
I have been hassled bofore about not listing my stuff for sale on this site, but putting it on Ebay. It makes it hard to get it seen, if it dissapears straight off the page the day it is posted.
Just a thought. Some replies to let me know if I am right or wrong would be welcome.
Rob
(4hammers)

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
craiga
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 12:11:43 AM »

4Hammers,

I tend to agree.

The sentiment behind listing them for all to see is great, but after all we'll just end up bidding against each other anyway!!!!

I reckon let people who want to buy stuff on ebay find it for themselves.........

That's easily 2 cents worths   Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 12:12:07 AM by craiga » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 12:15:34 AM »

I appreciate that posting links to Ebay auctions is providing a service to our users, but I agree that it means real ads on this site get swamped.

What I (speaking for myself alone here, not as Board Master) would prefer is that people only post stuff in the For Sale area if they are the seller (or an agent for the seller).  That includes links to your own auctions - I've got no problem with that.

If you're a registered Ebay user you can set up to get an email from them everyday letting you know what new items have been listed that meet your search criteria.  If you're an Ebay junkie this is a better way to be sure you don't miss any FE-FC part on auction than relying on links here anyway.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Graeme

one of thses days my wagon will be finished.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 02:36:05 AM »

4hammers,

I agree, mate.  One posting for all those ebay ads would have achieved the same result with no hassles to anyone else.  I like the idea of a links page, but agree that those with internet probably already surf ebay anyway to look for stuff.

Graeme
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 07:26:48 AM »

Hi guys,
           I have to agree with you guys, I surf  ebay regularly as I do this site and  really don't think [without offending anyone] ebay links are needed in the parts For sale section.

Another 2 cents worth

Regards Mick
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 08:07:38 AM »

Point Taken

Guys and I must say I do agree with you. I will only put stuff on if I think it is a real worth while piece of kit or alternatively put them into one post.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 11:19:06 AM »

Point taken no more links to EBay
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
deajenn

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 11:34:42 AM »

Hi guys
         for what its worth i find the links to ebay very handy as i am not one to surf ebay very much. I am to tempted to get side tracked onto other things. But i can see your point about other posts being pushed down very quickly.
             deajenn
Effie C

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2003, 12:08:34 PM »

I have removed all my offending links, but by the posting above I apolgise to the silent majority who actually used and appreciated what I thought was being a help and also supporting a sponsor of this site.

Oh well we live and learn.
Tomorrow is another day and it is not really worth getting upset about

John M

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2003, 10:38:52 PM »

Hi all.
John, please don't think I was been a mongrel, or was "Upset" & hassling you, but I thought it would be best if something was said. Another section may be the answer.
I posted some for sales & 2 days after, they were off the page. That was my beef. You DID help out. If anyone is out there who wants to thank John, let us know.
Regards,
Rob

FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 04:00:45 AM »

Hi All, to add my 2 cents worth - I am not aiming this at anyone and don't want anyone offended because I felt it was probably done with all good intentions  - however, I've found it a nuisance having all those annoying ebay links cluttering the for sale page.
I'm a little anti ebay after being diddled very early on by a time waster but it is a good auction forum and I also think another page for auction  links might be a way to satisfy the devotees.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

Hi Guys,

The way I look at it was that everyone is keen to help each other out on this site, which is why this site is sooo great.

So don't be offended John, it was a nice gesture but just a little too big thats all.

Anyone for a beer?

Cheers
Jason. Grin

Phone +64 223509263
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 08:31:10 AM »

Hey Guys

The initial finger was pointed at me not John, I just deleted all of mine before you all saw them.

But hey I will keep every body happy and only make one Post containing ebay items and this will keep everyone happy. I doo the same for trading post adds so it is no more effort. (Guru Status will take longer LOL) But hey if it keeps everybody happy Cheesy Grin Wink Smiley Cool thats what I will do.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

gee,one minute im in trouble for not posting proper ebay links now someone else is been admonished for posting correct ones,im confused i must go have a beer.
ha ha
good idea though having ebay section,
now for the trading post,whats that i hear you ask THE SATURDAY AGE
l.o.l.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2003, 12:19:46 AM »

Ask and ye shall receive.  In the For Sale and Wanted section there is a new board called Auction and Trade Links.

Can we agree to the rule I mentioned earlier? That the main For Sale boards should only be used by the seller or an agent thereof:  ie if your non-internet-enabled mate asks you to advertise something for him.  Any other stuff for sale or auction by a 3rd party should be listed in the Auction area.  If it's your auction, then pick either board, but don't cross-post to both.  Wherever you think is most appropriate.

Hope everyone is happy and no-one's bunions have been seriously damaged Wink

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2003, 04:23:48 AM »

RET - you're a legend

Red & white is alright
Effie C

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2003, 08:13:47 AM »

Hi All
No offence taken, been in QLD last three days trying to access site using mobile as modem, took ages to remove all those links the over night, last night after waiting 1/2 hour for one page to open gave up.
Great to see on section added.
All is welland the world will sleep tonight
John M

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2003, 07:26:45 PM »

You are the "MAN" RET.
Excellent job with the new section. And, my Bunions are fine.
All is well.
Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: