FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FB/EK Holden timing gear replacement enthusiasts guide  (Read 6150 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »
+2

Ladies and Gents,

As promised, attached below a link to a the FB/EK Holden timing gear replacement enthusiasts guide (with thanks to those on the forum who commented). It contains practical information on identification of timing gear failure, disassembly and reassembly of FB and EK Holden timing gear assemblies. It has been written to explain both workshop-type practices, and those used at the side of the road.

Whilst it is written with FB/EKs in mind, 99% of the content is valid for FE/FC grey motors.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58349283/Timing-Gear

Cheers,
Harv.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »

Thanks for posting this Harv.

Several people mentioned these terrific documents you'd been putting together to me before I met you at AHD the other day.

Good work.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:55:33 AM »

No worries. Will post up the carb document shortly, just waiting for some 48/215 info.

Apologies for not being able to stay and chat at the AHD... kids had had enough  Sad.

Cheers,
Harv.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:18 AM »

Harv, thanks for posting that document . Have just finished helping a mate replace a broken fibre gear on his HD with STD 149 . I am embarrassed to admit that I have always turned a motor over by hand with the rocker cover off to find TDC 1# as described in section 37, and until the other day had not realised that when the marks[dots] are aligned the engine will be at TDC on 6# and must be turned 180 degrees or timed on 6#. Is this a GM initiative ,as it would have aided in assembly [installing big end caps would mean turning the engine from 3,4# BDC through 180 degrees to torque the bolts . Does this explain why on nearly all the USA car shows, when timing they seem to put the distributor in 180 degrees out . Cheers Haydn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: