FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 03:26:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: re-attaching door cards and handles  (Read 2997 times)
fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »

hello can someone please help i am about to re-attach the door cards and handles to the doors and have forgotten the correct procedure,there is also a heavy duty coil spring,does this go behind the door card first or does it sit on the alloy disc on the outside of door card?also i only have at present 2 of these coil springs,do the springs go on the window winder handle or the door opening handle,or both?thanks in advance for any advice/tips etc. fcdunedin.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
+1

Door cards,

1st line up all the clips on the card in fact, it is a good idea to fit the card to the door without the other hardware to make sure they in the correct orientation to all the holes and that the card fits properly in it's space.

Don't forget to cover the openings on the insde of the doors with plastic to prevent water entering, I use blu tack to stick it down with

Springs and handels, there are 2 springs per door

Then, with the card off the door, the large spring goes on the window winder, conical shaped spring on the door handle with the small end to the door.

If you are careful these will sit there while you fit the card, you may have to re position them through the holes in the card

Once the card is on, you put the tin discs on, then the handles, make sure the open ends of the  circlips are facing the long end of the handles

Gary 
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:45:54 PM »
+1

Don't forget to cover the openings on the insde of the doors with plastic to prevent water entering, I use blu tack to stick it down with
In addition, this plastic needs to hang like a curtain with the bottom tucked into the opening, if sealed all the way around you'll create a rust trap, if left to hang on the outside your door cards will get wet or damp.
Thanks for the BlueTack tip Gary  Wink

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

Blu tac.. what a simple solution!  great idea.. was just thinking about this the other day.

in the shed
fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »

Thank -you for the prompt reply and the right direction to start,all i have to do now is locate(try)the other 6 springs and a trip to the stationer for some blu-tak.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: