FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:54:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: JP-481 has resurfaced. No, really.  (Read 20093 times)
Gman

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 09:33:52 AM »

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2023, 12:41:35 PM »

Any thoughts on what you saw?

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Gman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2023, 02:00:47 PM »
+1

Certainly, I'm not an expert by any means, I am a mechanic by trade and have completed several award winning concourse Holden restorations however.

The doors and glass weren't from an early car, the job on the front guards (bogged up to look square) was pretty shite but would probably (and sadly did) fool some. The floor welding was interesting and was selective where it was carried out. Ultimately metallurgy proved that it was done with materials that weren't likely to have been used in 1940's era.
I was very interested in the 2 speed diff, I had read about them in books from a young age and it was great to see one with my own eyes. There was very obvious, deliberate, mud and dirt under the car to make it look aged/original. There was spray tar EVERYWHERE!! That was a dead giveaway.

Ultimately, it was a car that had some very rare old parts, if he had of offered it as a 'replica' it wouldn't have flown either but he wouldn't be in prison.

I believe that this was the second vehicle that this person had rebirthed. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: