FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:24:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: body prep  (Read 2002 times)
Adrian n/e vic
« on: August 15, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

I`ve got two fc`s and the utes looking sad whats the best method to remove rust and remaining paint should o go for sandblasting /beadblasting or  good`ol elbow grease and hand sand the lot and wheres a good place for the blasting
Ed Ho
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Im in the process of doing the same still!! originally I removed all the paint using various methods etc, and put the whole car in a sealant type rust retardant primer until id finished welding in all the rusty bits. Now ive blasted the entire shell back to bare again.  u cant go past sandblasting for rust removal...this is also the make or break moment!!, either way tears of joy or tears of sadness.
The most enjoyable bit is trying to get all the sand out of your panels, Most of it runs out the gaping holes anyway.
Good luck...
Adrian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

thanks ed i hope theres not to may holes when i get the cars done
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: