FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 04:12:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Cylinders  (Read 1895 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:19:16 AM »

Got the FC ute up on a ramp and after a few years in the damp Irish weather, the brake cylinders are seizing and I need to change them out. I have a right front new so I am looking for the other 3 - anyone have any leads on good recon ones? I reckon I need to replace all the pads as most of them are wet from the leaking cylinders and the drums have become a bit warped - may grind them here or find out how much they are to ship over. So, a full brake job really. I think I have 5 or 6 new pads but not enough to do a full change over. Can they be bought or only relined? Any help or tips gratefully accepted.

Tomorrow I get the FE sedan on the ramp and see how she is holding up.

Cheers,

Paul

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »

Thinking long term, you can get the wheel cylinders with stainless sleeves, I know there's a company in Adelaide that does them.
Do they not have Brake Shops in Ireland? Maybe try the local Farrier, you might get lucky  Tongue

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »

Paul,

As Stinky said , you should be able to get the wheel cylinders resleeved. The brake shoes would need to be relined. I would assume that any competent brake place over there would be able to do it for you.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »

If they aren't damaged, a brake place over there may be able to hone them lightly? Depends on the seals too.

Colin.

colt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: