FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:39:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Window Lift Channel And Rubber  (Read 3321 times)
sharpeidog

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »

G'day all,

Does anyone know where I might purchase new/replacement window lift channel and rubber to suit my FC? Appreciate any info........

Cheers.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »

No repro available. I have some rear door lift channels but no fronts at all. I usually replace the rubber with silicone because the front flap is almost always hard and breaks off as soon as you touch it. Others may have some front door lift channel but it is very common for this to be rusted through.

Ken
sharpeidog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »

Thanks Ken.

Yes the rubbers are very brittle and break easily. Silicone sounds like a good idea, Sikaflex may be good too. I am currently on a complete rebuild after a paint job and I still haven't dug everything back out from storage after I gutted the car, and although I will double check the condition of the lift channels again, I recall I had some corrosion on the channels, hence the enquiry.

Please by all means let me know if the rear channels you have are available. I will take a good look at them asap and enquire again if it is the rears that are corroded/worn.

Still keen to hear from anyone that may have some channel suited to the front.

May be possible to have something made up.....?

Cheers, Ian.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

Don't use Sikaflex - it will never come apart again. Silicone will hold fine and at least you can get it apart if it sets wrong.

It should be pretty straight forward to have new channels made if you can't do it yourself.  I definately do have rears available

Ken
sharpeidog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »

OK, Sikaflex is out, silicone in.... Will get back to you about the rear channels.

Thanks again, Ian.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:15:58 PM »

My channels were rusted through the bottom but the sides were OK, careful MIG welding on one yielded good results the other was too far gone and the welding destroyed it.

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »

I found the my "repro channel" down at U-Pullit.  Went down there and found a HZ channel which had already been taken out of the door by some nice person.  Brought it home and cut it to the FE length.  I then sliced off the lifting plate (or what ever its official name is) off the my rusty channel and welded it on to the HZ channel.  Once this was done I used silastic to hold the glass in place.  I think the whole replacement cost me $5, works perfectly and should last another 50 years.

regards

Van Helsing 

NosFEratu
sharpeidog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »

Ken, have sent you a pm (I think).

Cheers, Ian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...