FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 07:26:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engines  (Read 4644 times)
Gordon
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »

Hi can i put any early model holden six (186-202 red blue black) in the fc without any chassis kits or major changes or engineeres cert? and register easily? Am fitting HR disc brake front end ,vn rear
Thanks Gordon
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »

You Don't need a chassis kit but will still need it to be engineered rego is pretty easy ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
GMHwagoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »

gordon dont know what NSW rta are like but l had mine engineered and regoed in victoria
hr disc brake front end 186 red motor , all l needed was a two speed wiper motor retractable seat belts front and rear
no rust and all the other normal roadworthy stuff   $500 for the engineer 
Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »

Hi what seat belts did you fit and how?
Gordon
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »

in NSW you can put a 138 red motor or a 149 red motor (if you can find one) without engineers report, BUT you will need an engineers report for the disc brake front so you might aswell do the bit extra work and engineer the engine aswell in theory you would need the report to cover the diff aswell
another thing if you go with a 202 aswell as the usual stuff for the engineers report you will also need dual circuit brakes and a collapsable steering collum from most if not all engineers
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »

another thing if you go with a 202 aswell as the usual stuff for the engineers report you will also need dual circuit brakes and a collapsable steering collum from most if not all engineers

If you go over 200 cubic inch you will need to fit the dual circuit brakes and the collapsible column. Keep it under 200 cubic inch and there's no problem

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 11:28:36 AM »

Also heater demister ..

Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »

Hi understand everything so far, brakes,seat belts ,engine size,steering column,But the heater demister can you buy an after market one to fit ?
Thanks Gordon
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:15 PM »

in NSW you can put a 138 red motor or a 149 red motor (if you can find one) I have a  NOS 138 block with pistons still in the wax paper and the GMH crate that if someone was interested in could make me an offer by [PM] .......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:41 AM »

My mate ran a 12 volt hair dryer from a camping shop with 3 speeds to pass rego in his t model rat rod dont know how long it would last but gets the heat up there pretty quick. he just bought that flexi steel piping and put it over the nozzle.

But any good hot rod shop or american auto parts should be able to get something.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: