FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:12:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: floor covering  (Read 3717 times)
fe

Model: FE

My FE

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »

Im putting rubber floor matting down on my Fe
just wondering what underfelt do i use underneath
Graeme
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 07:16:16 PM »

Im putting rubber floor matting down on my Fe
just wondering what underfelt do i use underneath
Graeme

Hi all, I'm also wondering what I should put under my rubber floor matting?

TIA
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 09:16:00 PM »

Original had a thin bituminous material stuck to the floor followed by a hessian like underfelt.
It was never really an ideal solution as it retained water and promoted floor rust.
Better products exist now such as Dynamat which adheres to the floor and has some thickness to reduce noise.
My opinion is to coat the floor well with a rust resistant paint followed by a quality adhesive matting which is moisture proof and sound deadening.

Ken
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 07:18:53 AM »

Original had a thin bituminous material stuck to the floor followed by a hessian like underfelt.
It was never really an ideal solution as it retained water and promoted floor rust.
Better products exist now such as Dynamat which adheres to the floor and has some thickness to reduce noise.
My opinion is to coat the floor well with a rust resistant paint followed by a quality adhesive matting which is moisture proof and sound deadening.

Ken

Thanks Ken
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 07:34:02 AM »

Do you put the same stuff in the doors?
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »

Helen ..I used " DEDNA " self adhesive sheets inside doors ,very happy ,Daleys Motor trimmer supplies in Sydney , and their underfelt under carpet ...Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
DougT

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »

Hi, I did a full bare metal rebuild on my FE and used 'Car Builders' products, https://www.carbuilders.com.au/sounddeadener. No need to paint first, I just applied rust converter/de-oxydiser before installing sound deadening adhesive sheets. I also used the sheets in the doors and rear quarters. Great stuff to work with, I also used their water proof underlay under my carpet as insurance. Regards Doug
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 01:24:57 PM »

Helen ..I used " DEDNA " self adhesive sheets inside doors ,very happy ,Daleys Motor trimmer supplies in Sydney , and their underfelt under carpet ...Vern ..

Thanks Vern, will look into it
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »

Hi, I did a full bare metal rebuild on my FE and used 'Car Builders' products, https://www.carbuilders.com.au/sounddeadener. No need to paint first, I just applied rust converter/de-oxydiser before installing sound deadening adhesive sheets. I also used the sheets in the doors and rear quarters. Great stuff to work with, I also used their water proof underlay under my carpet as insurance. Regards Doug

Thanks Doug, have them on my list to look at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: