FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:54:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tucker at Motorclassica  (Read 3268 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:36:20 AM »

From the ABC: Rare car to star at Motorclassica:

A rare Tucker car that has arrived in Australia for the Motorclassica, the three-day Australian International Concours d'Elegance and Classic Motor Show. The Tucker, which is worth more than $1 million, is powered by a rear-mounted helicopter engine and will appear at the car show that starts in Melbourne on October 23.

The opportunity to see a Tucker up close and personal doesn't come along every day. It would certainly get me along to the show if I was in Melbourne...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:35 AM »
+1

I agree Richard, that's one cool car and I'd love to see it in the flesh.

There's lots of great info on the interweb about these amazing cars and the equally amazing guy behind them. Nearly all of the cars are quite well documented and have interesting histories. Incredibly 51 were built, and 47 are left and accounted for.

I am guessing that the Melbourne display car will be this one

The Tuckers history is worth a read if you've got a few spare hours.
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:05:04 PM »

It would be great to see one of these cars... as RET says, the chance doesn't crop up everyday.  For those who don't know, there was a movie made a while back simply called 'Tucker'.  Worth a look.  Features one of the many acting Bridges brothers, but the stars are the Tucker cars themselves.

A couple of months ago on Ebay USA, there were some Tucker items for sale- showroom display, mockups of some car parts, and a grille surround.  All went for tidy sums of money.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

Here's a link to details of the movie. As Shayne says, it's a good flick (much of the true Tucker story is in there, although it's been given the Hollywood treatment). And it stars Jeff Bridges, before he went on to be The Dude in The Big Lebowski Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »

From the ABC: Rare car to star at Motorclassica:

The opportunity to see a Tucker up close and personal doesn't come along every day. It would certainly get me along to the show if I was in Melbourne...

cheers
RET
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 09:46:15 PM »

by crikey s it      would be amazing to see such a thing firsdt thing first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: