FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 02:24:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: new at inter-nerd,just got an fc  (Read 2359 times)
smokey

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »

gday I'm new at this inter-nerd thing and i hope this works ,I currently own a couple of fc,s one good one and one really rusty one,these were a genuine barn find in a little town called "Chrystal brook" the good one is in bits, but is mint, been in the same shed for 37 years. The other old girl lived out the back under a gum tree for about the same time so she,s a bit far gone.
Anyhow now I'm about to upset a few I'm sure. I am currently in the process of fitting a legal 308 th400 just got the car back from tony at "OL HOLDENS" in lonsdale, Adelaide. He,s just fitted a UC Torrie rack,n,pinion front end,large tunnel to clear th400,center floor mount h/brake,VN booster,shortened EK steering column so as to retain original steering wheel and indicators but gets rid of original gear stick mechanism. haven,t decided on a diff yet, thinkin bout a VR Ute diff as they are load rated. that way i could run some rim offset. eg 8"rim 3 3/8 back space. would love to here from other people in SA with modified fe-fc
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »

Hey smokey,

This inter-nerd thing works pretty good, it's been around for a little while now... Me and the other guys and girls sometimes gather around the computer and type stuff to each other, but mostly I use it to look at rude pictures.

Your car sounds interesting... they've also made a few new models since the FC Holdens.  I found that out on the inter-nerd.  Lots of people put commodore stuff in them to make them go like new.

When you type a question here, lots of people type back with helpful information... but we dont call this the inter-nerd... we call it a discussion forum.

Welcome.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »

Plenty of modified FE & FC's here Smokey - have a look round the various discussions and I am sure you will see many good ideas.

Ken
smokey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »

firstly sorry to ED i was only trying say how good i am with computers.............not very as you obviously picked. Grin
mate I'm trying to find someone in SA who has done a mod like mime to find out what Transport SA require as far as diff with
billet axle's or full floater kit, to get a bit of rim offset. Or is it fully up to the engineer?
I have spent hours on the phone trying to get through to someone at trans SA.
have spoken to the engineer who was recommended by tony (the bloke who did the chassis work)
He couldn't grasp why i wanted to run a shortened diff to get the offset i want ,saying that would cost money to build. Huh
As you all would know when putting a V8 in one of these cars legally its not the cheapest build choice.

Any help would be great
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:08 AM »

no apologies necessary Smokey, I was just having a laugh...  Cheesy Cheesy

Welcome to the forum.

I sent u a PM re: V8 mods.

Cheers

Ed