FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 01:21:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: help with steering wheel  (Read 3147 times)
aussieute

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »

hi all i have a original steering column that has a vn shaft down the middle for the rack  as i am running v6 does anybody know of a steering wheel that might fit have tried sports wheel with a long boss but it still leaves a gap between end of boss and indicators looks bad can anyone help thanks     john
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:47:38 PM »

John

Rods Racks in QLD have modified my steering column shroud and fitted an FC shaft into the shaft out of a VK-VH Commodore.

I am running a front mounted LH rack. Rod actually machines a flat section into the FC Shaft and rivets the two together to create the collapsible shaft whilst still allowing the original FC steering wheel to be installed.

Not sure if this is what you were after but may give you another option.

Have a look on his website http://www.rodsracks.com.au

Regards

Craig
aussieute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:19:10 AM »

thanks for the help craig, rod did my car but i have  removed auto from coloum and put in floor shift and i want to run a small wheel which leaves a gap between wheel and indicators i had to remove horn so it would go over spline i might have to get  something machined   life not made to be easy    thanks again john
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: