FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 10:30:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Petition opposed to NEW RTA laws for NSW  (Read 3190 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »

The NSW RTA is proposing changes to the current registration system for modified vehicles. These changes will mean that the majority of modified vehicles will be classified as individually constructed and will have to comply with the ADR's current on the day that it goes for registration. Please follow the link below and sign the petition to assist us in taking the fight to the NSW Transport Minister. Don’t forget to forward this email to all your family and friends and ask them to sign it on your behalf.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/37707.html

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »

this petition has been floating around for a while now and i'm sure it's on here
where did you get yor info from (chinese whispers Roll Eyes ) as i've asked my engineer and the people i deal with for pink and blue slips and you seem to know more than them
dam internet good for some things great for rumors, geez one forum i go on has gone as far as all modified cars will have there rego's cancelled and most (depending on mods) will never be allowed back on the road Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:09:07 PM »

Its all coming from the hot rod clubs im just forwarding it on.

But apparently its gunna go like this

More than 3 points of modification will not be deemed re registerable so diff 1 point brakes another motor another gearbox ect

Also im not 100 percent but it was if it hasnt been regod for more than 5 years it cannot be.

They are trying to sneek these laws in by making us believe its imports only.
I was told this petition was created 3 weeks ago with over 3000 signatures allready.

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »

Its all coming from the hot rod clubs im just forwarding it on.

that's the problem hot rod clubs don't register cars, i spoke to my engineer a week ago and he said there is changes but nothing serious unless you want to build a FIBREGLASS or REPRO chassis car
to many rumors is the problem Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:54:42 PM »

Came across this today:

Street Machine site.

An opportunity for some answers, by the look of it.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: